What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Backordered Parts

psvalentine

I know Vans is doing their best, well at least I hope so, but the backordered parts from my kit have put me in a holding pattern. And we all love being in a hold.
My empennage kit arrived on April 7th after 3 weeks in transit. Now I am to the point I can no longer continue to work on it due to missing parts.
I started with the VS. Then moved on to the HS. Both of them had all the parts. Had to skip the Rudder completely. Now the Elevators are to the point where nothing else can be done without the BO'd items.
Anyone else in the same bind?

I had some backordered parts in my kit as well. Took like 6wks to show up so I deburred and primed what I could.

Went and ordered my QB wings and Fuselage today though just to get into that long que. I guess I have a year to finish my emp at this point.

Same here, though on the portion of the kit. It is a game of building this section, putting it on the side and moving to another section that you have the parts or at least some of the parts.

15 months and counting for backordered quickbuild RV-10 ailerons.

Thank goodness I have lots and lots of other stuff to do and can just bolt these on the day before first flight, if need be.

Yep, I've got elevators I can't work on until I get the back ordered control horns. At least I've got a rough date for those. I'm noodling around with the trim tab, but as a first timer I'm hesitant to veer too far off of the planned task sequence. I'm gonna have a long break anyway, my wing kit is months out and the tail is coming together much faster than I'd expected. Welcome to kit building I guess.

Back