What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Product Announcement: GPS 175/GNX 375 IFR Navigators (3/25/19)

GNX-375 TXPR

'' the GNX 375 is not a dual diversity unit'':(

Well that's a bummer.... But I'm wondering if with only an antenna at the bottom if the unit could still receive the signal coming from the satellites..

I guess I'll have to wait and see what exactly they come up with..

Thanks Guys

Bruno

The only diversity units in GA I'm aware of are the GTX330D and the L3 NGT9000-D.

Hi Walt,

We also have diversity versions of the GTX 335/345 panel and remote mount transponders designated GTX 335D/335DR/345D/345DR.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve ( g3xpert)

Can you tell me if the 375 Transponder have dual diversity?? With the upcoming Canadian ADS-B mandate which will be Space based we might have to install 2 antennas ( Top and Bottom ) and I'll like to know if the 375 will fit the bill??

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Bruno - from all sources I've contacted, there currently appears to be no plan for an ADSB mandate for GA aircraft in Canada. I think even Nav Canada is smart enough to realize that pushing a Diversity transponder mandate would kill off about 90% of our training fleet and would close down the pilot pipeline to Nav Canada's real customer, the airlines.

With that having been said, there appears to be some research being done into the efficacy of belly-mounted ADSB antennas being monitored by Aerion satellites.

If you were building a larger aircraft it might be worthwhile to keep your options open for Diversity. For our little aircraft this seems like a non-starter, at least for the time being.

With respect to signal coming from the satellite, in reality it's more a question of the signal being emitted by our aircraft. The satellites are not interrogating aircraft transponders like a ground-based Secondary Surveillance Radar. Instead they are listening for the Extended Squitter data coming from Mode S/ES transponders. (UAT units have no role to play in this scenario.)

Early in the ADSB game I looked at the options for ADSB compliance for our aircraft to fly into the USA. Given that UAT is used only by the USA and Canada tends to be more standards-based, it seemed that 1090 S/ES was the best way to go. Now that Aerion has formally launched their position reporting service as a potential extension of SAR services, I'm glad I went 1090 S/ES as Aerion may be able to provide the breadcrumb trail of my last flight.

Last edited:
Slant Golf

61127232_1130407007131735_802327769525518336_n.jpg

Waterboy2110,

What are you Dynon and GPS 175 settings?

Brian

I used the SkyView ARINC as a guide but the GPS 175 didn't have either of the options that the doc described for the 4xx/5xx or the 6xx/7xx for TX to the SkyView. RX is straight forward.

The GPS 175 offers GAMA format 1 and GAMA format 3 - Both work in high speed (never tried low speed). I would expect that GAMA format 1 would be best per some conversations I've had with Steve but it all seems to work - half up / half left.

There was one problem I ran into that I created myself. While configuring the communication I hadn't loaded the DB's yet and was moving back and forth looking for labels (data descriptors in ARINC) between the boxes. I could see the GPS reading data but not the Dynon. This is available on both boxes in the setups. I double checked my wiring (no problems) and loaded the 175's DB's. Once the GPS rebooted everything came to life. They seem very happy together.

Shout out to Steve for chatting on the holiday.

Transponder Diversity

Mark ( Canadian Joy )

Thank you for the info..I, like yourself hope that a single antenna will do the work on our RVs but the only way to be sure will be to try one and it's gonna be a while before we can do that ( 2023 as per Nav Canada/COPA update )

My plan was to install a 375 and get the whole package in one box but if I have to, I will install a GDL-82 ( already have a GDL-39-3D for the ''IN'' part) and be US 2020 compliant and see what comes up later...

I'm holding off on the 406 ELT for now until we get more info the Satellitte based ELT..

Bruno

GNC250XL replacement?

Mainly a question for the Garmin guys:
I have a GNC 250XL GPS/COM that is long past being supported. I would like to replace it with a modern unit and the GPS 175 will fit in the same slot. But I don't want to lose my 2nd COM capability. (Primary is an SL-30.) If Garmin can add a complete ADS-B compatible transponder to the back of the GPS 175, then
Does Garmin have plans to make a 250 replacement, i.e a GPS 275 GPS/COM in this form factor?
For sure I'd buy one :) and I think a lot of other 250XL owners would also! Even better if it were rack compatible, slide-out/slide in!
Andy Elliott

Power consumption of GNX 375 and GPS 175?

Can anybody point me to the current draw (continuous and peak) for the GNX 375 and GPS 175?

Thanks

Can anybody point me to the current draw (continuous and peak) for the GNX 375 and GPS 175?

Thanks
Hello Raiz,

GPS 175 GPS Navigator
14V: Typical 0.6A, Maximum 0.9A
28V: Typical 0.3A, Maximum 0.6A

GNC 355 GPS Navigator with COM radio
GPS/Main Connector
14V: Typical 0.6A, Maximum 0.9A
28V: Typical 0.3A, Maximum 0.6A
COM Connector
14V: Typical 1.8A, Maximum 6.0A
28V: Typical 0.9A, Maximum 2.8A

GNX 375 GPS Navigator with ADS-B In/Out 250W 1090ES Transponder
14V: Typical 1.2A, Maximum 1.8A
28V: Typical 0.6A, Maximum 0.9A

The low power consumption (compared to older equipment) is another reason these units are attractive.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
I'm part way through a complete panel update and thinking about swapping the GTX 45R I have for a GNX 375. My setup is:

GDU 460
GDU 470
G5
GSU 25
GMU 11
GPS 20A
GEA 24
GTR 20R
GTX 45R

I know I will need to panel mount the GNX 375. What other equipment needs to be changed? Do I still need the GPS 20A? Do I need a GAD29?

I'm part way through a complete panel update and thinking about swapping the GTX 45R I have for a GNX 375. My setup is:

GDU 460
GDU 470
G5
GSU 25
GMU 11
GPS 20A
GEA 24
GTR 20R
GTX 45R

I know I will need to panel mount the GNX 375. What other equipment needs to be changed? Do I still need the GPS 20A? Do I need a GAD29?

Yes you need the GAD29 and you can ditch the GPS20A.

GNX375 and G5

Pulled the trigger on a dealer install GNX375 coupled to a G5.

I will update and review the experience and process along with capabilities in case anyone else wants to wander down this road once the new avionics are installed and flown.
Seems like a great upgrade for a steam gauge older transponder/gps without ADBS-out.

Anyone have an installation manual available? Planning for an upgrade.

I would like a link to the GPS 175/GNX 375 installation manual also. The only ones available on the Garmin site are STC, AFCM updates, Pilot's guide and Maintenance with ICAs. The last one is somewhat helpful. But I have a unit on the way now and want to start the harness and like to know what kind of installation supplies needed and which antennas are approved.

Jim

Last edited:
Watching Bob

This all makes good sense, and should be the case for any interoperable EFIS/PFD connected to a 175/375 (Garmin, Dynon, Advanced, etc).

I have a unit on order, and before I do my phase 1 upgrade, I will try to ground test it with a legacy Dynon system...and a Skyview system, and perhaps an AFS system...if buds at the home drome will let me experiment...to see if the serial output will provide nav and steering commands to the legacy system, and how the 429 interfaces are with the other two systems.
Cheers,
Bob
Watching with interest because if it works with the D100 this means I could potentially replace my 327, GDL 82 and GDL 39 with this one box and still retain the D100 CDI, and still have weather and charts on my 796. I have the HS74 control panel and assume that my trutrak Gemini AP would also interface with the 375.
Obviously need to get smarter on this.
Figs

So the question in my mind is , when will the GTN650 get upgraded? With the new units being lighter and less power hungry including the ADSB IN/OUT, one would think its only a matter of time for the GTN675 NAV/COM/WAAS/ABSB! The line starts behind me fellas.

Anybody have a working G3X Touch and GPS175 install? My understanding is that the GPS175 is a standalone unit, and that flight plans / changes entered in the G3X will not cross-pollinate over to the GPS175 - is this correct?

Anybody have a working G3X Touch and GPS175 install? My understanding is that the GPS175 is a standalone unit, and that flight plans / changes entered in the G3X will not cross-pollinate over to the GPS175 - is this correct?
Hello maus92,

When you are entering/changing flight plans on the GDU 4XX using internal flight planning, the GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375 will automatically receive the flight plan and remain synchronized with the G3X Touch system just like a GTN does with recent software.

Hello maus92,

When you are entering/changing flight plans on the GDU 4XX using internal flight planning, the GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375 will automatically receive the flight plan and remain synchronized with the G3X Touch system just like a GTN does with recent software.

OK great. Was talking to the Stein Air boys about options, and it seems the GPS175 is the way to go for me. For clarification's sake, I would do the actually planning on FF or GP, then BT the plan to the GDU460 once in the plane. I'm *hoping* that once the plan is active / downloaded into the G3X, it gets replicated in the GPS175.

GNX375

Quick question. So will a flight plan entered into ForeFlight be able to load onto the GNX375 via Bluetooth.
Thanks

OK great. Was talking to the Stein Air boys about options, and it seems the GPS175 is the way to go for me. For clarification's sake, I would do the actually planning on FF or GP, then BT the plan to the GDU460 once in the plane. I'm *hoping* that once the plan is active / downloaded into the G3X, it gets replicated in the GPS175.
Hello Charley,

Yes, that should work fine.

Thanks,
Steve

Will the new navigators work with the GMC 305/307 autopilot controllers? They aren’t listed on the compatibility list...

Will the new navigators work with the GMC 305/307 autopilot controllers? They aren?t listed on the compatibility list...
Hello JDLRV6,

Yes, all 3 of the new navigators will work with G3X based systems which have an autopilot and use a GMC 305/307/507 autopilot control panel.

Thanks,
Steve

KojRK82MnFcX6741AkTgKnphVPkbAHxkgZUyHJFCh7nSDdk5_FiCCfbgxE6ha_0Ue9xI5H_rB73KzPPHKWdHKLV6j-iOhTIzrrHns1i_mWVnOs1PnWjYT0BPNDlsD2Z8KbhnaviSg-BMd_pTAxEH6bJ7ygcmOcCMfvKFWkC_zHNZYCenCVMAjNWizR42Qcs5jWpjsi2vRa4Umgxv6p-xBrxAMC2ut_38antyt_wr5mFTwAn5JyH5cDpfPMzHqCrKleoL76XkhjAb0sf-fkG6WCkeGj0mrIFoDL196jU0CoZV59wCUJ4CixpJ2uZy4wFi20jselYB3PZ6GWFNuUs5UgMjg8V0Do1FAboHcdWvOtD74RLP_iGEFrMh-nRxNQPCVfy3fhBSWgdR8LZG7a0H0zm2DW0p_QNpFPRh_EO4qfErXW1fqmcuqlIJi3OrgZSHSvAhq-0yPq4uu97x4Pu0rxQf4ritUKXmXRteIGz3SX3VkeYmcCa7YTZfTj-jcGP5SRov6rQe-9IjWXS_n09W0iEnMal65M-XgPSbHTjODAdYY0AYRjx3BOpYKOElZL0WithyQ4OWEQGxgJoRoz6J5AMQNx7zkArZj3uj4tEoJu451LjZ2vZEzdbzEq7T66qLbMrWdXgzZBG2CPUtjDALIZwQ3lRztc7DUcywv-FAqzzbmJDScyKQuRcZfjnHlH9wETvIvol5vkIqhCls8om9ggFdB8E_I_z6xJ0PprfJeIwbDR0=w700

Last edited:
GNX375 Connext and ForeFlight?

Anyone flying the GNX375 have feedback about flightplan and other data transfer between the Garmin unit and ForeFlight?

I asked Garmin reps in person at Oshkosh and they said they have not done testing and can?t comment, and referred me generally to Internet forums to find an answer.

Garmin Pilot looks cool too (especially its profile view with weather), but would like to use with ForeFlight (also)

Thanks

tried it, worked

I had some quiet time in front of a 375 at Oshkosh. Was able pair BT to the unit and verified foreflight was able upload and download flight plans to the device. Other data feeds (wx, traffic) appeared to be working. Far from an exhaustive test, but seemed to work exactly like my GTN750 w/ FS510 and other GTN's with flight stream adapters.

ARINC instead of CAN bus

Your diagram above shows conversion to CAN bus which I understand is used in the Garmin EFIS systems. Will the new navigators output over ARINC to drive other EFIS systems/autopilots? Specifically thinking the Dynon Skyview. I currently use a GNS 480 to drive this system. Does not appear any will control a remote Garmin transponder.

Your diagram above shows conversion to CAN bus which I understand is used in the Garmin EFIS systems. Will the new navigators output over ARINC to drive other EFIS systems/autopilots? Specifically thinking the Dynon Skyview. I currently use a GNS 480 to drive this system. Does not appear any will control a remote Garmin transponder.

The new navigators use ARINC interfaces / protocols like the GTNs and older devices. The GAD29 is used to interface with the G3X system which is networked using CANBUS. The GAD29 performs a similar function as the Dynon SV-ARINC Interface Module does for the Dynon Skyview network.

Last edited:
I'm curious why the 175's don't have canbus to interface with G5's.

Having to deal with another box costing $500 to get the two to talk seems sketchy to me.

The 175/375 have 5 available RS-232 ports (pairs of in/outs). Those should talk directly to the G5 RS-232 channel. In fact the G5 installation manual shows these interconnects. Abeit the G5 has only one RS-232 in channel and one RS-232 out channel.

Jim

Ok thanks. The diagrams in this thread show the GAD 29 interfacing the two but I'm not 100% convinced they will communicate over serial.

So would an SL30 transmitting proprietary NMEA sentences connect to the 175 and pass thru VOR/GS? I have connected a Val Nav 2000 (which is SL30 protocol-compatible) to a G5 HSI via RS-232 which showed the VOR/GS information both G5's via canbus. Worked great.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. The diagrams in this thread show the GAD 29 interfacing the two but I'm not 100% convinced they will communicate over serial.

So would an SL30 transmitting proprietary NMEA sentences connect to the 175 and pass thru VOR/GS? I have connected a Val Nav 2000 (which is SL30 protocol-compatible) to a G5 HSI via RS-232 which showed the VOR/GS information both G5's via canbus. Worked great.
Hello Bob,

While you cannot connect an SL30 to the GPS 175 and turn it into a dual function (GPS/NAV) navigator, you can connect both a SL 30 and a GPS 175 to a G5 system with GAD 29.

In this example the SL 30 RS-232 is connected to both G5 units (in a dual G5 installation) and the GPS 175 is connected to just the GAD 29 using ARINC 429.

The G5 supports dual navigators and allows you to switch between the GPS and VOR/ILS navigators.

Probably best to email us directly if you would like more details. We just answered this question for another customer. We have a GPS navigator with GNC 255 example in the G5 installation manual, but don't yet have a dual navigator example with a SL 30 and a GPS navigator, but plan to add one.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve. I've connected dual G5's previously as you describe.

We have a GAD29B for this install so everything should work fine.

I am curious though if one could connect the G5's via the 175's multiple serial ports.

I'm also curious why Garmin didn't include canbus in the 175 as that would have simplified the wiring.

Thanks Steve. I've connected dual G5's previously as you describe.

We have a GAD29B for this install so everything should work fine.

I am curious though if one could connect the G5's via the 175's multiple serial ports.
Hello Bob,

Not totally sure I understand the question, but no, you cannot just connect the GPS 175 to the G5 system using RS-232 ports. You would have no vertical guidance or roll steering without the ARINC 429 data.

Aera 660- gps175

Hi. I currently have an area660 (love it) feeding flight plan data to my GRT Sport
EFiS. The GRT auto pilot flies the route including vertical commands.

I would like to purchase the GPS175. Will the 175 also work the same way as the aera 660 regarding loading flight plans via a serial connection? In addition, I want to keep the aera660. Will the 175 load this data also into the Aera660?
Is there two serial ports on the 175 or do I need to share one serial port to both units?

I will install an ARINC module to feed LOC, Glide slope info from the 175 to my GRT EFiS.

Thanks for your help.

Hi. I currently have an area660 (love it) feeding flight plan data to my GRT Sport
EFiS. The GRT auto pilot flies the route including vertical commands.

I would like to purchase the GPS175. Will the 175 also work the same way as the aera 660 regarding loading flight plans via a serial connection? In addition, I want to keep the aera660. Will the 175 load this data also into the Aera660?
Is there two serial ports on the 175 or do I need to share one serial port to both units?

I will install an ARINC module to feed LOC, Glide slope info from the 175 to my GRT EFiS.

Thanks for your help.
Hello Al,

Yes, the Aera 660 interfaces nicely with the GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375. It is the only portable display in the world which can interface with these units and display all the curved path guidance including procedure turns and holding patterns.

You can use one of the RS-232 ports on the Aera 660 to receive this data, and the second RS-232 port to receive ADS-B traffic and weather data. If you install a GNX 375, all of this data can come from the GNX 375.

The GPS 175, GNC 355, and GNX 375 have multiple RS-232 ports, so you should be able to provide RS-232 data to both your Aera 660 and your GRT unit if needed. The GPS 175 doesn't have NMEA output, but it has an Aviation output that might work with your GRT unit.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

8KOaQ342nPpjEUjfOMGC13ZbHF3efDpSLZRHl60K-iEd62iHVCPz8Cd8f8TpinwJHYdjRBdBGE3QPftHiT7U1Lv9NQaOUlIHrzuQR5jFa0qO1uEN4cI_k5JAOtC0P7_OGS7jKfZLzl8Psa1IhGQGjIgLTQuXi9ee3pFwzUOr6U75lkp37z-QlrP3bwExsQkuGrmQ92F-S10POXwUYt39cgDSZZgOpXnK-DN56cSi9FqDHML7odeo31gc_uh6h0oRxL3N-Hm0FEXGZ6ur3EacHKLuKwQUnI2zHGg2YRO7btntyKMwbhR5bfoLfA0AAJG0VCb-BKvxgN5Nrm4Y5ZPoGLFYDzUov8dzOarBopiNBSxgFugXln5ee5gqODmXLLqhhmRwPb0yITeun7v2hqdJeFRn5vu4MP_hBqzDdP8FeOdBOcfkQlXCjAgdk_4HEnUlkn52m5dBMT9mF0CH_4OaEr7t92zQQDfu2tuTWmLSg-lMEu8zWKEeDQlFaUvT1jm_m8bTfP13Mknx_QBdtzR4qvJIhFNLzFBMsILIzJb_mjSTMl-RlDs4b21gl4r8hxIUhMtxl7DYJErrs39n7UaG8YhawBQ-tKzF6vZGHNBqr_uNar1uRavj7uJ1ux30E9ROXYSDhz3M3Z06PHw90qvDFQum5OvnY1umpJt9PAFWKr0Zer09QTcs4a7A5gMKP2tyNZrR71HPbhcoFN8V4rTBHMb43S-ldofOdzoXTW58bNdJKYU=w750

dKSKqCYAOFy7b2p7r0Xz4wS8AkgScY2Rx95Sl3PTUfVWex4XmL8sC_KsFj1phw-kynbpQW3JIEJc88z5sFqnSMMsoX8sUWrLd4Hi6iS5kAEQSUYQsGw_bBuZ6pzIVH4EQOfCAaBgGNmqXXNPI1CuoYpBVa5GBEScoy0d5Pzg7wQ63DT3V-V4iBa6k2CB59MJCrj1UqxTOumR1SFlG-Y2GKdV6Cd3MtAxdmkotYyE-Lhn9EfOpAOPoO5c7ukV1zfEM45LDjluNJZjTFn8ABPPkN9lBEYPFe3mlAaB1MYEzs4y_24uo0Pt8mJnDZpSKF_v-pS3n3UZPJQOimfExUjRhX7POunCVePKN0LxltpfUo0-V0SR4TLIg-LVdz_ZOneDF1XjRTJx2ifwFSeCYZDx0ThijIT-IvDAhC5lExc0KbwTTE6ONfiUfzzvyzzkXulPtJo2b-761hMFZC6Ob_M1b_dTcyQy3M0II_imZA6EO_n4AEhZhxCGhpK4cphURaJ0B0UB0XcJSQZtzVMUIE8se8v-Cms3uFzCbeCjDZ5pyw029GK1tR8PVcdW5NgkedluV7fFYCS28Y3yn2KdMzVT6Ut2gTyKA0R8yYB9aspLYFjzPzEXLwbFF4n1kIdcXyfonXUNUbYFQI1eTvU0uf6X5SfZUa2iz_di7EHfN1OOfvZVawnFJrrQAUd-HnE0iJQRXcJdfbopPG5RuLaotonA9anEaPtJF2_ZHGbWYJAjTIFpJeQ=w400

Last edited:
If one has a SL-30 interfaced to a G5 via the G5's single serial port AND one has a GTNXXX interfaced to the same G5 via a GAD29 (and via ARINC/CANBUS) - can you easily switch which nav source shows up on the G5 in this scenario? My understanding was that only dual ARINC interfaced navigators are "easily" switchable - not a serially interfaced SL-30 together with a ARINC interfaced GTNXXX. If you CAN do this - Operationally, how does one switch nav inputs on the G5?

If one has a SL-30 interfaced to a G5 via the G5's single serial port AND one has a GTNXXX interfaced to the same G5 via a GAD29 (and via ARINC/CANBUS) - can you easily switch which nav source shows up on the G5 in this scenario? My understanding was that only dual ARINC interfaced navigators are "easily" switchable - not a serially interfaced SL-30 together with a ARINC interfaced GTNXXX. If you CAN do this - Operationally, how does one switch nav inputs on the G5?
Hello SF260,

Page 31 of the Rev. G G5 Pilot's Guide explains how to change navigation sources on the G5. It is quite simple.

ceo8jSwQkaz7uwhhlxK6n7Bz4WJdsTSKdu9YjLy-QMSf0zvbYm57TgPprdWtsBNnuli8Jvtx4PmAqd4okaEgkwIbM6bu7UksY7PFPvJ3xqIZI5PzL-hOiyue_z_TsxM8GnKRvhLT3es5mNNPVKAOMz5gy3UWcpRDhb4OS3CN0XgJ9-jbka65_CT1uEKYMXpkhD7mi-Q_djO7pv1zvX_Vq_eGZ48fg_yQ694P9EePfjyHDFYQud8Jb2UHEfRxJATugFS9KRmkprxBpnuEM6MMJDRcjqrVzOYuDbf3UB8do8Fczx9GwVR6IW9hqRZwInuBcbJONk1FoBuInTe-JrNVSPQRSwfAoZKQHqU8jKCkLMXUTSqq9ANbrkkkIpsMInOwLPuWSuVJ-BQf5JfTJRC4XZJZFR4oC9zh2sQvsOch7DfLismqMLDkByrF8tw4vVlk5BmGz1zy-vOdu6zRSN721Q4P57BZqmvx6AyorDoIuk4eOi4uZ4hX0x70QqujHMh4Iil9m4xc3BeNSIqQ_9GvnkJYe91IAnvvFSO00JD1KvArCE8mzlClOQyQWVoglwTZYKNl-0nHV8RnKjzq42geHUsGwfl-5PblGXAcXQoaS9BxssvQ3XlA1m9L3tYKMntnEmUTEEcTfxMKk5N3U-LIPpqrpLfYKBvjdNyRKJi--WoCx8IGm4RvAVtHCb6y4z7INNIwoHhOpzVWIO-G1qPX4_ZU9_aCNXJssWgFppDw3uOKR0c=w374-h399-no

In the case of an SL 30 (navigator 1) and a GTN 650 (navigator 2), the choices would be VLOC1 and GPS2/VLOC2. You would use the CDI source select on the GTN 650 to switch between GPS2 and VLOC2. In other words, depending on what was selected on the GTN 650, the choices available on the G5 navigation source select button shown above would be VLOC1/GPS2 or VLOC1/VLOC2. These G5 choices would change each time you changed the CDI source select on the GTN 650.

For a GTN 650 with GNC 255 with the GNC 255 connected to the GAD 29 instead of RS-232, the choices would be GPS1/VLOC1 and VLOC2.

For a GNX 375 (or GPS 175 or GNC 355) with a GNC 255, the choices would always be GPS1 and VLOC2 since there is no external CDI source select on either navigator.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Steve I am going with a single G5 and a GNX375 driving a trutrak AP. Only GPS source no nav radios or ILS. Will the G5 display course and Glide path (pink diamonds) by RS232 or will I have to add arinc box?
Thanks

Steve I am going with a single G5 and a GNX375 driving a trutrak AP. Only GPS source no nav radios or ILS. Will the G5 display course and Glide path (pink diamonds) by RS232 or will I have to add arinc box?
Thanks
Hello Jason,

You will need to install a GAD 29. See page 7-17 of the Rev. 5 G5 Installation manual.

Note that your GNX 375 will also get pressure altitude from the G5 via the GAD 29, so you don't have to worry about any other connections for it to have everything it needs for ADS-B In/Out.

This diagram has some extra stuff, but we mainly want to point out that if you add the new GAD 13 with OAT probe and GMU 11 magnetometer, not only will the G5 display OAT, TAS, Winds, and Density Altitude, but the G5/GAD 29 will share this data with the GNX 375 allowing it to also display winds and other information.

6KrV2VmB49ooALXDiC7bGQ9g-tJyVTX5oN7jwjLA2xhnvoKzynJe2jTnIJT5mPzLegLX9z5MTnIV9dFtqIcPDTgKmUcTRGWcZM1CWPhqRChw5oB4NPPScHVvq-gSJrP29x6HgK2pPMDGaqQ037AGChzReTSdX_5eLmv5VGnnEBe8Y-CR_LLXvPPhaWd7skSaS05oj169_7UTIpiAWKi81i6-4nxQvbA51ywy4_hI_XLKWgVpEfMpr-9U1y6x48L6VGEJwQblVzMS0Swi-XnJVRfFeAe_34T2w9yj25vOEyOR2yDjsxdQzw4SmQtpA1O15UqztFrDHeHLs7UZpMTX_iSy2i_hgwrq4J4Qr7qQJQLMcNtKoKYGpcOpUfTFsZ3BEN8BVGrWmJlD_TyoHqf_woaV-NioUOUEF5dgoDXFwAYSRmiFrpM_k4B_xwJVfi7mEs_tdQa_v4lhcHpX2YbbrvRCOVe-tMe8DsfvwAkD1AJb1ZfM_TtxNJoayH03I2WPW3gkXu1mqrwdINiu-LPdxV0Cs7mQN6nkwId-GrEVH55ryHwFaQn74bCSW5jkiex3OXNR7TSWNNnvD4ey3xxJLIOFlBJDBrp869eIQ6BJ_SzRM2Fcubbo_8SdRcu4qCbL6ynw_uD4sXQkyAPT8kfyNXNWPpF-H7LE_2xVgCg7gMCc7dJMJCYxpHSsHBO6E_RTIAz7CPT6Aott340lQBwBXvOvIgUQheQbZBMFfRkEg3OiUaw=w640

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Back