What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N502CF is an airplane!

Cfrisella

Well Known Member
This is late coming, but on November 17th N502CF took off for the first time. It was Awesome! everything went great with only one issue being a heavy left wing. I had so much fun building over the last 4 years and it's really nice having it finished. Well...Almost finished:D. Now I can focus more on my "real" job, which interesting enough is more enjoyable now too. Here's some pics to check out.

N502CFbookphotos286.jpg

N502CFbookphotos302.jpg

1324240230.jpg

Well Chris if your new "real" Job involves making me one of those throttle quadrants you have there I would help in keeping you in business.

-david

Congrats, Chris, on building and flying such a good looking airplane.

Some of the parts appear to be made of carbon fiber, your business must be on the leading edge of that process. There is so much of it these days - like in the Boeing 787.

Good to see it filtering down to our world.

That is a lovely machine you have created Chis. You must be justifiably proud. I do like your colour scheme which is so simple and yet when I look at it I want to say Wow.

Very well done mate. Enjoy.

Congrads Chris!!

You'll have to post more pictures or a link to all the special Bone Head extra's you have made and fitted to your new Pride and Joy!

Kenny Gene
RV10 484TC

That is a lovely machine you have created Chis. You must be justifiably proud. I do like your colour scheme which is so simple and yet when I look at it I want to say Wow.

Very well done mate. Enjoy.

For the life of me, I couldn't settle on a paint scheme. When that time came I just colored as I went. Very simple and to touch up when needed. Thanks for the compliments.

Wing tips, throttle quad, camera pod...

Congrats Chris, looks great!

I think you're going to be busy... ;)

Carlos Fernandez
GRT Avionics

Last edited:
I second the motion-

on the throttle quadrant!!!!!! Perhaps when I can start my RV, I'll have a quad like that!
Tom

Thanks for all the great comments! It's still hard to believe such a machine can be built by anyone with a desire. To all in the building stages, "keep at it!".

Not to keep buggin you Chris or anything but you have quite a machine there, Whats your take on manufacturing a few of the parts you fabbed up for yours? I know theres already a few of us who would fork over some cash for the throttle quadrant mount and forward tunnel, let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out if this is a possiblity. I love it, Also I bet if you could make a mold for the canopy fairings they would be a huge money maker!

-david

Back