What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N705BC is Now an Airplane!

drone_pilot

Well Known Member
Today Mel Asberry and wife Ann came out and inspected my RV-7A and issued an airworthiness certificate. For those of you who will need an airworthiness inspection, I'd highly recommend Mel. He dove in and checked the entire airplane out very thoroughly. Much like knowing you have a good engine, having a good set of eyes inspect your airplane that are familiar with the design and what to look for is just as important and worth the money. Prior to the inspection, I had several others stop by and look for issues that I should address. I thought I had all issues covered and Mel found five lock nuts that I had failed to tighten! He also found a couple of minor issues in the engine compartment. Overall, I'm very pleased with his work and feel that I've got an airplane that is ready to fly!

Now it's time to get the pilot ready! If anyone knows of a good transition trainer for a 7A, let me know.

Much thanks for the tips and advice that I've received from all of the good folks in this forum!

IMG_0509_zpshai9ghyg.jpg

Congrats Ben, lets us know where and when for the transition training and of course that first flight.

Great news Ben. I wish Mel was closer to Idaho to do my final inspection.
Have fun in the first 40 and keep us all up to date on how it goes. Have fun!

Congrats! I used Mike Seager in Oregon my transition training. He has trained hundreds, if not thousands, of RV pilots. I felt very prepared and was able to do my first flight in my 9A with much more confidence.

Today Mel Asberry and wife Ann came out and inspected my RV-7A and issued an airworthiness certificate.

Good to know that Mel had some help. Congratulations! :)

Last edited:
Congrats Ben! Need to come see me when you finish your 40 hrs! Actually, I've been thinking of flying up to Hobbs one of these days, not far from my location :rolleyes:!

Congrats.

Dan Ross at Stead Nevada, near Reno does transition training in a 9A. My insurance was OK with me doing training in a 9A. Heard great things about Mike Sagar also.

Congratulations!

Amazing accomplishment. I wish I had the time, money, and patience to build my own. I bought one flying and I love it. Before I went looking for a plane to buy, I did transition training with Tom Berge in Minneapolis. He has a well equipped RV7A with 180hp and C/S prop. Great panel. He was great to fly with, and is a wealth of RV knowledge as well. I highly recommend him!
Here is a link to his website.

Jeff

http://rvtransition.com

Back