What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sunday brunch in Columbia

M5fly

Well Known Member
We'll be heading down to Columbia (O22) on Sunday for brunch at Mandy's Breakfast House. Might be bringing a few Nevada RVers along, hopefully we can entice a few of you who aren't trapped by morning fog to join us. Right now we plan on arriving around 1030-1100.

entice a few of you who aren't trapped by morning fog to join us.

Hey, my airport resembles that remark! Sounds like fun -- and Columbia has been on my list for a while; let's see if the fog cooperates.

Last edited:
Hmmm….which airplane wants to go…… ;)

I’ll throw this up on the calendar and see if it works out!

Paul

Well if Paul's showing up....j/k

I'm going in for a shoulder tune up (rotator cuff) next Wednesday so I'll be out of the cockpit for awhile and this might be a good excuse to put a couple of hours on the RV before I go under the knife.
I haven't been to Columbia in awhile. My first cross country in the RV was to the 2000 Arlington air show. I camped overnight at O22. Good memories.
Hope to see y'all there.
Laird
BTW I read Paul's book after I picked it up at Oshkosh. Read a couple of chapters on the way home over the plains ;) Highly recommend, and even more so if you're interested in space flight.

Last edited:
Columbia is a great little spot. If the weather in Livermore cooperates I'll head up to meet some fellow RVers.

Mandy's is a great spot and the little town is so cool to walk through.

Wow, what a great response! I hope the weather cooperates and I get to meet everyone!

Well nuts - I thought I was available, but the schedule is more complicated than I thought, so likely that I’ll miss this one - ya’ll have fun!

Well dang... a friend is stranded in Roseburg, OR so I've got to fly a mag up to him in the morning. Hope y'all enjoy breakfast, I'll catch ya next time!

I'm out

Strong winds and low level winds shear in the LA area. I fly for fun. No need to get knocked about just for breakfast. Next time.

Great trip!

Hi All,

We had 4 RVs fly into O22 on Sunday from HAF/SQL home bases, and initially shut down by a friend's hangar on the turf runway. We chewed the fat too long and didn't make it over to the main ramp before a bunch (6+) of nice RVs departed. Sorry we missed you all .. I was looking forward to everyone; next time for sure!

Photos or it didn't happen:

Video, 2x real time on the flight out from HAF to O22:
https://youtu.be/wtHKZCO_eS0

Thanks M5fly for getting the ball rolling!

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 75
Round 2

Sounds like everyone had a great time! Since we weren't able to make it we're going to give it another shot this weekend. Saturday this time, still around 1030-1100.

If the weather cooperates we're also thinking about a day trip to Kern Valley Feb 12th. Throw that up on your calendar too if you like!

Looks like it was a beautiful day in Columbia. Sorry I missed it, the better half made some surprise lunch plans in Half Moon Bay to celebrate our birthdays. As you can see from the video posted it was just as amazing to fly West as it was for those that Flex East.

Next time I'll be for sure to check the "schedule" first.

the better half made some surprise lunch plans in Half Moon Bay to celebrate our birthdays.

Thanks for visiting KHAF! We love visiting RVs. Happy Birthdays!

We had a treat on the flight back ... NorCal cleared our flight right across the bay at 4000' on the return -- right thru the middle of the bravo and SFO finals. No ducking under and dodging VFR traffic through the Sunol gap and seagulls.

Back