What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Congratulations to Ken Scott!

ERushing

Well Known Member
Vans announced today on Facebook that Ken is heading into retirement. Congrats Ken! Enjoy your well-deserved extended vacation :)

Congratulations on your retirement Ken!

I wish you many enjoyable years!

And thank you for your help over the past 15 years!

Congrats Ken.

Ken was my tour guide/pilot for test ride during my visit at vans a few years back. He also shares a name first and last with my dad.

Well deserved Ken.

Ken was...

..the guy who gave me my $30k ride way back when we had to mine our own aluminum, roll it into sheets, etc.

Good for you, Ken and what do you have planned aviation-wise in your retirement?

Jerry

Wait Ken - before you go out the door, I've got a couple of RV-3 questions for you...... :)

Congratulations

Congratulations Ken. Helped me at least once. (Actual number may be much higher) :D

Wow. That is amazing. How do we do a Vulcan mind meld and get all of that information out of his head????

Congrats to you, Ken!

Vic

Dear Ken..

..please leave a downloaded copy of all your knowledge on an external hard drive, before clearing out your desk. It would also be helpful if you could drop all movie quotes, offensive jokes and useless trivia into a separate folder. ;)

Congratulations Ken. More than anything else, I think it was the RVator, and especially those articles you wrote, that pulled me into this avocation. I hope you can now devote more of your time to writing; I certainly would enjoy reading more of your work!

Ken, enjoy retirement!!!!

Every time I call Van's now and don't get your recorded voice while on hold, I feel old. <g>

v/r,
dr

congratulations

Ken just gave me my $50K ride a few weeks ago. What a pleasure. Hope you enjoy your retirement. Now it is time to winter in Florida where one can fly almost everyday to the Bahamas, and relax on Island time

Retire

Ken, after you retire, you wonder how you ever had time to work?
Congratulations! And live long

I have known Ken since they had training classes at Van's. Great guy. Ex Kalifornia boy. Lets go sailing in SF bay.

Grigsby. Building 3b. Flys a Cub

Ken has helped me a few times on the phone. The most memorable one was when I called in wondering what to do about dings on a skin.

He told me that I need to get over my OCD or I will never finish my project!

Congrats Ken - well deserved!

Hi Ken,

Hope you enjoy retirement, for some it is some adjustment going from daily duties and responsibilities to freedom from it. I suspect you are already adjusted and ready for the rest of your life.

You will be missed at Vans...good luck.

I've enjoyed knowing you and talking airplanes over the years.

Congratulations and I wish you a long and happy retirement. My husband and I attended a very fun and informative RV Assembly weekend seminar at Oshkosh back in 2002. Great Guy!!!

Roberta:):):)

Me

Ken: Congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful retirement. I don't know what Vans is going to do without you!? Please don't quit writing. You're too good at it...

Congrats!

Ken,

Enjoy retirement and whatever comes next! I can't thank you enough for all of the personal help over the years and the fantastic contribution to our community...the beer is always cold and the door is always open if you ever trundle through the Florida Panhandle :)

All the best,

Mike

Keep writing

Ken, Thank you for all the help over the years and two builds. In the past several years, I've really enjoyed the various articles you have written in magazines. Always a treat to see a new piece (latest Kitplanes) from you.
I hope in your next adventure you still keep writing! Enjoy!

Hi Ken, you will be missed, but I am sure you will miss our (my) silly questions too :)

happy retirement

Contratulations! You took me up in the 6 and showed me around the factory back in 1992. Regards Marcel

We're sorry to see Ken go, but we made sure he left the equipment we need to do his job behind!

Wrinkly, ain't it?

7490.jpg

Hey Ken,
Just a short note from Smilin' Jack, Ed McGowen, Clyde Schnars, Rob Volk, Bill Durham... All builders.
All at KJZP.

Happy Retirement
Thanks for your help!!

Back