What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Naples, Fl

Len

Well Known Member
5 RVs heading to Naples area end of March. Looking for suggestions on where to base in area ... flexible on anywhere in SW Fl area. Be there a couple of nights.

The FBO at FMY was great- do tie down flight controls well as it is always breezy.

Rental brought out next to plane, trunk open, AC blasting by the time we were half way secured.

Second the recommendation for Page field. Easy in and out, Base Ops is a really solid
FBO. Self serve is a long taxi across the field to south east ramp though.

Never been into Naples. Probably nice also. Lots of private heavy iron!

Let me know what else you are looking for, will advise.

Call Naples Aviation at KAPF and see what their overnight fees are. Their self serve fuel is very reasonable. Since it’s the end of March, it’s toward the end of snowbird season so they will not be under as much ramp pressure.

last check is KAPF is 20 bucks a night and KFMY is 10 and they will wave some for fuel purchase. KFMY is much more GA friendly than KAPF.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Might also check out Marco Island Executive Airport. Tie-down might be a little cheaper than Naples.

What models of RV's are coming down?

KAPF

I was based there for 8 years.

If it was me, I would pay the extra $ per night to be in Naples and avoid the drive down from FMY.

Naples Aviation will give you great service. I know Base ops will too, but again the drive can be a pain in traffic.

Have Fun!

Back