What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Extension

Aden Rich

Well Known Member
Does anyone on here have a Saber Constant Speed Prop Extension on their airplane?
I am in the process of getting a new prop for my RV-6 project.
I am not going to pay the extra 1300 dollars to get the M2YR hub that I need for my Sam James cowling.
This leaves me with using a extension as my alternative.
I hear they have top quality items and I have read of several people using them.
I just would like to hear from someone that had the same problem I am experiencing.

Thanks,
Aden Rich

Yup

I do aerobatics all the time, have posted +5G's and - 2.8G's (inverted spin) on the RV7a with a Hartzell BA prop on a 2.25" saber.

Hasn't fell off..yet...:)

Frank

Saber for me. 2 thumbs up
RV-7build292.jpg

I have a 3" Saber prop extension on my RV-7A with a WW 200RV prop. The extension is a work of art. No issues.

Regards,

Saber prop extension

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I will be ordering one shortly.
You guys just saved me 800 bucks!!!!

One more time ...

Can't say enough good things about Sam and the folks at Saber. One of the high points in my build experience.

Canard Guys all use Saber

As a canard builder, the Saber extensions are ubiquitous. We have an 8" extension on our O-360, and the thing is beautifully made. I've been machining things off and on for the past 20 years in various capacities, and their work is incredible.

Back