What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baby RV-7's

Mounz

A friend of mine, Kai Deeke, who's regular job is a 737 captain was also bitten by the RV bug. He has a 50% share in an RV-7 which he flies out of Koblenz, Germany. He was rather surprised to see some very familiar looking radio controlled aircraft at his home field and decided it was a good opportunity for a photo session. So here it is - enjoy!
url] }

url] }

url] }

url] }

url] }

Last edited:
Sorry, although I followed the instructions for inserting photos step for step, they just did not show up in the post. What a pity

That's cool!

I have been looking everywhere for RV models, is it possible to find out where they got the model planes?

That's pretty cool. I bet the baby RV's cost almost as much as a grown up one.

(There appears to be a aileron rigging problem with the light-blue and white baby RV-7)

I have been looking everywhere for RV models, is it possible to find out where they got the model planes?

Hi!

These RV models where designed by me two years ago and are now available as a kit from http://www.speiers-modellbautreff.eu.
They are available as RV-6, RV-6a, RV-7 and RV-7a. RV-9 is on work.
If anyone is interested please contact me as the manufacturer does not speak english.

Here are some photos of our current fleet with the prototype (original also flying from Koblenz, Germany) in the middle.

P1010312_s.jpg

P1010314_s.jpg

Christian

Hi!

Scale of these models is 1:2.8 (span 2.6m or 102.4").
Recommended engine size is 100ccm twin such as DA100 or DLE111. It would fly with far less but with smaller engines it would get tail heavy.
The models are completely made from wood, except cowling, wingtips, wheelpants and canopy. The ailerons are frise type as on the real one.

Christian

Back