What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gary Sobek aka "Condor" arrived in PA

N64GH

Well Known Member
Patron
So Cal has lost a great friend, pilot, DAR and encyclopedia of RV knowledge. Pennsylvania has gained one. I just got off the phone with my friend and he was pulling in to the driveway of his new digs in PA. Just thought those that know him and knew of his move would be glad to know he has arrived safe.

Now I am off to move 64GH into his old hanger at CCB :D

Condor departed SoCAL on Sunday (and glad he arrived safely) but we sure are going to miss his SoCAL presence!!!!! Enjoy your retirement on the east coast (and stay warm!), Rosie

gary, any time you want to warm up you are welcome in south florida. easy flight from PA. it is a nice place to visit in the cold months. its even green down here now. enjoy your life change. :)

Last edited:
We are going to miss Gary in SoCal. I crossed paths with Gary many times during my build. Since I was building at the Cable airport EAA chapter, Gary would stop in and look over my shoulder from time to time. He signed off my plane on the DAR inspection, and gave me several RV motivational rides.

I wish him well in his new adventures back East.

It's good to have an RV "heavyweight" on right coast. When is the welcome-Gary-party? :D

I will leave out the name of the town Gary can post it. South west corner just over the border from West Virginia. I believe 157GS is at KVVS Connellsville PA.

Last edited:
Empty at CCB now

we sure are going to miss his SoCAL presence!!!!! ... , Rosie

AMEN to that!

Hard to grasp I cannot walk a few steps over to his hanger to talk, get advise, figure out where to go to lunch, go fly or when to go to the range. CCB will never be the same without him there.

He is a good friend. Y'all on the east coast scored big time.

I will leave out the name of the town Gary can post it. South west corner just over the border from West Virginia. I believe 157GS is at KVVS Connellsville PA.

That would be Rick Grays Turf,So Gary is an Ohio Valley aviator now.This is a very active RV sector and great group of guys.He might miss the warm weather but he will have great visibility without the So Cal Smog.:)

gary, any time you want to warm up you are welcome in south florida. easy flight from PA. it is a nice place to visit in the cold months. its even green down here now. enjoy your life change. :)

Condor,
As you fly south to visit Turbo, you'll pass right over KRYY, McCollum Airport, Kennesaw GA (2.5 RV miles from my home). Stop by. I'll buy the BBQ lunch.

Glad ya made it safely Condor! I know its been a big move with a lot of trips back and forth?time to take a break, eh!

Sounds like you are gonna start chasing Rosie in X-C miles, with all the new friends to visit! :D

Fly safe, and see ya at the formation events!

Cheers,
Bob

I guess Gary figured that once Texas folks start moving out tot eh left coast, it was a sign of the end times, so he might as well move back east.....

We'll mis ya' too Gary - and I have total sympathy with the efforts it takes to move!

Glad I had him when I needed his knowledge

Gary played a huge part of my building as a TC and DAR, his knowledge is something I hope he has not retired from. Anyone near PA, use Gary for everything he can guide you with.
I was really looking forward to seeing him at a fly-in in a couple of weeks. I'll miss him, but I am glad for others and that I was able to have him help me when he was in SoCal.
Pascal
RV-10

Stay Warm....

Gary, hope all goes well for you back there in cold country.

Enjoy the retirement:D

Congrats Gary!

Enjoy retirement!

Come on down and visit us on Kiawah Island, SC anytime too Pal.

We have room for you and your bride! Jim...Rosie has the bride :)

JZI Charleston Executive is only about 5-10 min drive from me I'll gladly pick you up.

Probably about 2 hrs or less by RV!

Be well and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we have 2 RV6's at VVS, and I have another brain to pick for RV knowledge. Welcome to the right side of the states. Looking forward to flying and chatting with you!
Stan

All the Best Gary

West%20Coast%20FFI%20Clinic-Madera%2009.29.jpg

Back