What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight C-GOGO

chepburn

Well Known Member
Well IT FINALLY HAPPENED :)

C-GOGO took to the air today under the capable hands of Kevin Horton (I can't say thankyou enough for that, Kevin!!)

I cobbled together an overly long video of the flight and posted it... link attached. (I might try to make a shorter one later...sorry...I was in a hurry to post it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5sOiw1ok5k

gogoupload.jpg

Thanks to my wife Karin for putting up with my obsession for the last 5 1/2 years. Thanks to you too Ben, my capable bucking partner!!!

Thanks also to all of you here! The advice and knowledge from this site really helped to make it happen!!

Its been a fun ride!

Chris Hepburn

Happy Owner of a flying RV-8!!!

Great

Glad to here another one is up. If your adventures bring you this way, CYQG, drop a line. Always happy to see more RVs.

Enjoy your plane.

Congratulations, Chris. I was watching GOGO take off, buzz around overhead, and then land. I didn't realize it was your first flight. What a momentous occasion. Many of us down at EAA245 noted the rapid initial climb rate and the throaty roar coming from the exhaust pipe. She's a nice machine!

Back