What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3: Finishing up the Fiberglass

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
One of my goals last week was to get as much of the fiberglass to a ?finished? state before we hung the wings ? I know it would be easier to work around the parts without the wings being in the way, and I also wanted to be able to tell myself that we were ?done? with glass (Note that my definition of ?done? means that it is ready for flight, and our painter can take it from there?.).

While we still have a little work to do on our ?Pepto? cowl, the cowl cheek extensions, canopy skirt, empennage fairing, and tail tips are pretty much done. I sued a ratle-can primer coat to help me see surface irregularities that still need to be worked out. Mostly we have a few divots and pinhoels to work on ? but the major filing and shaping is done!

Port cowl cheek extension
IMG_6038.JPG

Canopy Skirt
IMG_6039.JPG

Starboard cowl cheek extension
IMG_6042.JPG

Now on to the wheel pants, gear leg, and intersection fairings. Oh, wait a minute, those are Louise?s project!
Paul

Congratulations on getting all this glasswork done!

And thanks for today's batch of postings. Kind of like opening all the presents at once today. Sure good to see the progress.

Keep chuggin',
Dave

Back