What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight G-CGYI, UK

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Another one flies !

Flew this 12 today - I own a 7 but was asked by the owner if I would do the fly off in this one, which I gladly offered to do.

Waited for weather - don't we all - got a frontal clearance with 2,000 overcast and superb visibility.

Got airborne, flew beautifully, slight left wing low which we will soon cure.

I have flown the AT3 LSA before,

http://www.s2taero.com/

Similar but different if you see.

I thought the RV12 was an excellent machine, well balanced, superb vis as per our 7 tip up.

Did 90 minutes, hopefully will get more done by the weekend.

Another cracker from 'The Man' !

Will get something onto YouTube next week :D

Larry is right. The fun starts now. Just remember to FLY IT, some have not. A good example is forgetting to latch the canopy. Repeat just before every takeoff as I do. Canopy Latched, Trim, Flaps, FLY THE **** AIRPLANE.

The automatic stars supplied by Doug's censor start with a "D". the last letter is "N"!! [ed. Computer did that, not me - a text file somewhere in the system that has the 'standard' cuss words in it. (and congrats on that first flight!!!) dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry is right. The fun starts now. Just remember to FLY IT, some have not. A good example is forgetting to latch the canopy. Repeat just before every takeoff as I do. Canopy Latched, Trim, Flaps, FLY THE **** AIRPLANE.

The automatic stars start with a "D".

The plane flies just fine with he canopy open. Don't ask me know I know. :rolleyes:

The automatic stars supplied by Doug's censor start with a "D". the last letter is "N"!! [ed. Computer did that, not me - a text file somewhere in the system that has the 'standard' cuss words in it. (and congrats on that first flight!!!) dr]

Your "**** airplane" is not such a big deal, Marty and I find this sensor a little picky. Had you said "**** airplane" or even worse "**** airplane"", I would understand but just **** airplane should be allowed IMHO. :D:D:D

Back