View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Lee - Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to rearrange my schedule and if I can make it work, I will be at Triple Tree Saturday morning and I will definately take you up on your offer just as a comparison!

Gus - For me, I don't have the luxury of having the time to actually build one, so whichever RV I decide to get, I will purchase it used instead of building a new one. When I was doing research on the differences between a Harmon Rocket and an F1, I personally decided on the Harmon Rocket because it appears most people that build this airplane are multi-plane builders (they average 2.73 builds before the Harmon).

You are correct that the Harmon Rocket is a complete slow build kit and the F1 is partially a quickbuild kit. The Rocket was built on a tried and true platform that Van had already proven for multiple years. From my understanding the F1 parts are mostly manufactured in the Czech Republic and is designed based on the RV platform, but doesn't actually use many of the Van tested parts.

If I was going to build one, I would probably go with the F1 since it would be a quicker build (in theory), but since I will be purchasing one already completed, I am opting for the Harmon. In my mind I feel like I will get a better quality product because it was probably built by a multi-plane builder (but not always, so do your homework).

I'm not knocking the F1 at all, I personally think it is a fantastic aircraft, but I have decided for me I would prefer to go with the Harmon.

Jason