What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gemini Problem

Doug Eves

Well Known Member
My Trutrak Gemini screen will randomly turn grey with the AI display completely disappearing. If it was engaged and following a gps route it continues to control my aircraft as per normal. Also will continue controlling the craft if it is in track mode. If I cycle the power to it, it will come back to life. It did not do this trick in the beginning but just started this phenomenon after about 5 or 6 hours of operation. It then stopped doing it for awhile and now has started doing it once again. Anyone else have this issue?

Doug, I had my Gemini ADI fail within the first few hours of operation after my build. I had it installed for about a year before the initial flights. Didn?t get the grey screen but the attitude indication would go to a 90 degree bank and freeze. Airspeed, altitude and heading indications were not affected. Mine is just a standby indicator and I don?t have it connected to the autopilot. Sent it back to TruTrak (well before they sold out to Bendix) and according to them, all it needed was a software update. At this point I had owned it for about two years, past the warranty, but they fixed it up at no charge. Have had zero issues since then, 5 years, and close to 400 hours. I have to admit I did not trust the indicator for a while. Now, even after doing aerobatics, the Gemini has worked perfectly.

Back