What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak autotrim question

Larryskydives

Installing a Gemini AP with autotrim. Schematic shows status light and says do not connect to aircraft power. Where should it be connected. Going to call Trutrak. But closed for the day. Thought someone might know.

You must be using a different manual than I have. Mine doesn't show anything about a status light. There is a status light on the trim module itself.

Larry- assuming it's power off of pin 7 to power the status light. I just got my upgrade and will be diving into the wiring this weekend. Did you replace the pitch servo from the ADI II? Does it bolt in to the old mount?

The servo should fit the same mount. If your ADI didn't have a trim-sensing servo you'll need to change it. Otherwise you could use the same servo.

It means don't connect that pin on the autotrim directly to power. We had that happen more than twice when this version of the autotrim came out, so we added that to the manual. The other side of the lamp DOES have to be connected to 12V. I hope that makes it a little more clear.

The Trutrak automatic pitch trim installation manual is has been recently updated to Revision I which shows the LED going to pin 7(short leg of the LED) and +12V(long leg) which according to Trutrak Tech, would be the 12V on the autopilot master switch. The updated manual is found on the Trutrak web site.

Back