What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced Flight Systems Photo Contest

N402RH

Well Known Member
How would you like to win one of our new Advanced Flight Systems Jackets?

We are having an ADVANCED Photo contest and the winner will receive one of our awesome logo jackets. All you need to do is post a picture of your ADVANCEDPANEL or ADVANCED EFIS (or an AFS equipped plane you’re flying in) to social media (Facebook, Instagram, VAF) before February 29 and you are entered. The best picture will be chosen by our panel of experts (also known as the AFS staff).

Be sure to tag @advancedflightsystems and #flyadvancedflightsystems so we will see it.

49432159721_350bf03307_o.jpg

This is an example of what we are looking for
49432161486_782f08513b_h.jpg

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Last edited:
Love flying behind my Advanced Flight Systems quick panel. I have 10 years and 2 panel upgrades flying AFS and would do it all over again.
That's what is going in my S21. Here are a couple picture traveling from Florida to Ohio in my RV-10
IMG_7106-L.jpg

IMG_7104-L.jpg

Hey - I know you just got my deposit today and all, but if you put a RUSH on my 310 panel maybe I can get a photo in by the deadline.

Otherwise I'm calling unfair :D

Kevin,

She is looking beautiful!! I am right behind you with a substantially similar setup on my -14. Any advice on potential sticking points with AFS? They have been great so far, but all I have so far is a cashed check and a panel layout. As per fellow builders' advice, I have delayed installing the upper deck skin to ease installation burdens. I mounted the canopy jettison to a vertical orientation to open up the center panel space. I will most likely add a smoke system master off switch. I am strongly considering the RV-10 throttle quadrant instead of the standard Vernier controls.

Kevin,

She is looking beautiful!! I am right behind you with a substantially similar setup on my -14. Any advice on potential sticking points with AFS? They have been great so far, but all I have so far is a cashed check and a panel layout. As per fellow builders' advice, I have delayed installing the upper deck skin to ease installation burdens. I mounted the canopy jettison to a vertical orientation to open up the center panel space. I will most likely add a smoke system master off switch. I am strongly considering the RV-10 throttle quadrant instead of the standard Vernier controls.

Jeff,
The team at Advanced is awesome to work with, they have helped me trouble shoot a couple minor issues. They supply you with absolutely everything needed for the install. I used the FlyLeds lights and had to wire in the control board, other than that it was plug in and go. Can't wait to see your panel.

Jennifer is modeling one of our new Advanced Jackets. We are getting so many fantastic panel pictures on Instagram, Facebook and VAF! Remember, you only have until February 29 to post a picture of a panel with an Advanced EFIS to be entered in our ?Win a Jacket Contest?. During the fist week of March, our panel of experts (AFS crew) will choose the best picture they will win a new AFS jacket.

49500185636_93ceb496fc_b.jpg

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10
Advanced Flight Systems

AFS panel

Anyone willing to believe that my Advanced Panel controls my vacation place too? This is from when I picked it up last Spring from Rob and team. Couldn't wait to get it unpacked.

I'll do my best to get the plane flying and posted before 2/29 (paint soon!) but for now here is my panel sitting on the kitchen counter in Sunriver.

80-afs_panel_5d4fddc3225edf5f04d63e2f988ceaca681cdcca.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone willing to believe that my Advanced Panel controls my vacation place too? This is from when I picked it up last Spring from Rob and team. Couldn't wait to get it unpacked.

I'll do my best to get the plane flying and posted before 2/29 (paint soon!) but for now here is my panel sitting on the kitchen counter in Sunriver.

80-afs_panel_5d4fddc3225edf5f04d63e2f988ceaca681cdcca.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, who knew you could file your taxes using an AFS 5600! ;)

Jeff,
The team at Advanced is awesome to work with, they have helped me trouble shoot a couple minor issues. They supply you with absolutely everything needed for the install. I used the FlyLeds lights and had to wire in the control board, other than that it was plug in and go. Can't wait to see your panel.

I've wondered if my FlyLeds will have any issue interfacing with the Advanced Control Module switch logic. I had them wired to switches in my overhead and my landing lights to a Perihelion wig-wag module, but after committing to an ACM-based Advance Quick Panel, I ripped all that wiring and switches out and will let the ACM handle controlling them. (Actually I repurposed much of it to controlling power to my SDS CPi2 system). If you care to share how you connected the FlyLeds control board to the ACM harness I'd appreciate details.

Feel free to PM since this is a thread about AFS panel photos. Thanks!

I've wondered if my FlyLeds will have any issue interfacing with the Advanced Control Module switch logic.
Hi Bill
The ACM is just a (really nice!) big red fuse block as far as we're concerned, so no problems there if you're using our recommended wiring. See our Information page for a quick guide.
We are also working on a new controller board that will slide into place between the ACM and the aircraft rear harness that will make life even easier there.

[/thread drift]

Back