What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The story on how I got to this point

Congrats on your achievement! Enjoyed the video and it looks like a very clean build! Keep us up to date on your first flight!

Very nice. I especially liked how calm you were when you learned that you'd built the fuselage for the "classic" RV-12 and then Van's came out with the new and improved RV-12iS. Most people would have been very upset. Important thing: you finished the 12-iS and now have many years of flying pleasure ahead of you.

Great story David and congratulations on your very nicely done build and video! You can't tell from the video you had shot at the end, but it was cold that day with the wind blowing! I look forward to meeting with you again soon. When you get to flying it, let me know when you come to Newark Heath Airport (KVTA).

David,
Thanks for the video and story of your journey building your RV12is. Your transition from the original model to the iS will be familiar to others who are following you. I?m helping a teen build group doing the same thing except they decided on the iS prior to ordering the fuselage. This has worked fairly well except during the finish kit the plans require some special attention to be certain they pertain to the iS and not the original design. It the appears the staff at the build has this figured out now and are moving forward.

I hope to show your video to the group for inspiration. Thanks

I especially liked your video because I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and I would take students into Bolton for touch and goes. I instructed for the Ohio State University while going to College. A great place to live. I miss all the weather now that I live in California. I visit Columbus on occasion to see all my relatives. Good story.

Thanks for sharing

Your video took time and effort to prepare. It is inspiring for a new builder, such as I, who is just starting on the -12iS empennage. Thanks for sharing.

Back