What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Went shopping

Vlad

Well Known Member
There are tons of supermarkets and shopping malls in my area. But to find one in close proximity to a landing zone is a challenge.

This one is too short one way in one way out always packed with helicopters.

A Moth is always on runway 77.

That steel runway looked OK then they put a Space Shuttle right at the numbers.

The Main Lawn is filled with beach goers.

This one looks empty and all right but the conga line at the taxiway looks suspicious.

People waived to me from this field but I need half a day to walk to the closest shopping mall. Thanks guys.

Finally after browsing three states for an hour I found my grocery store. :D

Last edited:
Oh the woes of having to go to the grocery store and do hand to hand combat in the parking lot! Your solution is perfect.

yes, you are a weis guy. :) good thing you don't fly a helo.
IMG_5857.jpg

yes, you are a weis guy. :) good thing you don't fly a helo.
IMG_5857.jpg

Vlad can hover his RV...been with him right above Times square waiting for clearance so Vlad hovered while waiting patiently.
Vlad...I like the fact you never give up...keep looking for the ultimate runway:)

Which is the airstrip? This might be handy for us westerners venturing east who land on highways to access the local general store (Fields, OR).

John Siebold

Is that n43

Braden airpark it is. I discovered the gem couple years ago. Initially I parked at the ramp and it's a 1/4 mile walk. Then I saw tiedowns on the grass by approach end rwy 18. You have to cross a road though. The picture was taken from a distance at a longer focal :)

Vlad, it looks like there's a gas station there too... were you able to taxi across the road to fill up?

:)

Vlad, it looks like there's a gas station there too... were you able to taxi across the road to fill up?

:)

There is a gas station very close indeed but cargas is cheaper in NJ. There is also a Wells Fargo ATM at the distance of three wingspans :)

We have a nice airport at NutTree (KVCB) that has all kinds of shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. It would be great if all airports could be like this. In the past, there was even a small railroad with train cars that would pick you up at the ramp. Train is still there but doesnt pick you up anymore.

1406374522_7835731ec4_z.jpg

I routinely do my shopping at the outlets here. More info.
http://www.nuttreeusa.com/airport/

Also, the new Icon Aircraft factory is based here as well. Imagine a day where you pick up a new Icon, have an ice cream at Fenton's, and buy a pair of shoes then fly home. ;)

Back