What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mark your calendar August 20th, 2016

Vlad

Well Known Member
An annual flyin at an uncharted private grass strip in Upstate NY by Syracuse.
Tim and Fred's event awesome guys both RV builders and owners. RC museum on the field. Great food, a lot of interesting airplanes and more...

I will speed up from my AK trip to make it.

vlad

Vlad are you going to Alaska this year? if so let me know hopefully the weather will be better this time and I can show you some bush flying and we will do a little or a lot of fishing.

Vlad are you going to Alaska this year? if so let me know hopefully the weather will be better this time and I can show you some bush flying and we will do a little or a lot of fishing.

Yes, early August Bruce. Likely two RVs. Will keep you in the loop you are the only man at the Last Frontier I personally know. :)

My 10 won't be done by then - am I able to fly in with my Archer? Its not as nice looking at 10, but it flies :)

August 16 Tim and Freds event

Vlad I'll be up at Sacandaga this summer so would love to make it to the event. How do I get more information??

This looks awesome! How long is that runway and can you give us a hint as to how far from Syracuse and in what direction it is? Like where do we start looking?
Maybe the governor and I can make over from Maine......

This looks awesome! How long is that runway and can you give us a hint as to how far from Syracuse and in what direction it is? Like where do we start looking?
Maybe the governor and I can make over from Maine......

They are next door to Luther NK51. Like quarter mile or so. The grass is mint one of the best I've landed on. Ask Turbo if you don't believe me :D

How far is the drive from JFK ?

I may be able to bid for a New York rotation that week and get a rental car.

Fred (VETE76) requested that I post this for him......

30wutdk.jpg

Gonna try

Working on an RV9 fuselage, wings and epp done, if it's not ready will they allow a 1946 Aerona to come instead? :-]

How far is the drive from JFK ?

I may be able to bid for a New York rotation that week and get a rental car.

I used to make the drive from NYC area in about 5 1/2 to Rochester. I'm thinking about 4 hours from JFK straight up the NY Thruway.....easy drive!

Details

3 pages worth of posts and only three days away. But not much information. What is the schedule of events for the day?
Airport is not listed, so is there a CTAF? What about traffic patterns?

Post #12

Post #12 Jim. It's a your kind of event except chicken bombing contest. Tons of great food, a little RC museum on the field and a great company. Come you will love it. Take Mark as designated pilot. :)

30wutdk.jpg

3 pages worth of posts and only three days away. But not much information. What is the schedule of events for the day?
Airport is not listed, so is there a CTAF? What about traffic patterns?

SEE post #1. on the right you c nk51 (luther field) which is posted on the ny sectional.

its a little differant grass field. do a fly by until comfortable. or land at luther field and we'll come get ya. 315-569-2303 fred
luther is also 1800' mostly level. ours is 1800 also the hight point is closest to luther. it drops 50 at north end. we always take off down hill. and almost always land up hill.
fred

Flight of 3 planning to attend from the KPYM area. Can you provide some info on suggested arrival times and any schedule of events?

Looking forward to it!

wish i could make it this year but have family reunion to go to. go if you can. a wonderful place to fly your rv! :)

last year everyone started fly in in around 3pm. the fly in sat is from 3pm until the giant bond fire is over 10 pmish. if you want to fly in earlier fine we start cooking when the planes start arriving. one already said he was coming at noon. this a combination of pilots and planes and motorcycle friends and family members all rolled into one, that's why 3-10pm. we no pilots want to come earlier so they have plenty of time to fly back.
fred
one pilot said he was going to bring a control line to fly. from the 1960's. plus our rc museum will blow your mind! its even bigger than the last time .
PS its Tim's b'day also.

8 RV's were here! everyone had a great time and super good food!. saw the giant RC museum, ate more food. see ya all next year!
i am leaving sept 1st for kvnc venice fl. for 6 months. if u r in the neighborhood give me a shout.
fred

Back