What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Checking on the.......

flyinmonque

Well Known Member
.......Hike in skiing for this spring. Last year it wasn't worth the hike in so Al my ski buddy asked me to give it a check out to see if ths year will be a little better. We're only at about a 73% of average snow fall in this area this year. Two of are five favorite chutes are looking like a no go this year still. Two should be good till at least mid June hopefully and the third will be iffy after mid to late May. So if your feeling "Tuff" it's only about 7 miles in to where we start making laps. Usually skin up at first light and ski till 1:30 - 2:00 when the avalanche danger starts.

picture015ps.jpg

picture012l.jpg

picture011y.jpg

picture010ag.jpg

picture009sm.jpg

picture008ss.jpg

picture007kl.jpg

picture006ih.jpg

Now you just have to figure out how to get where you need to be for this kind of fun!;)

Last edited:
Pt. 2

picture005sj.jpg

picture004or.jpg

See the tracks below.......what kind of animal's whould do that?;)
picture003qrc.jpg

picture002pu.jpg

picture001cx.jpg

Ski and fly till the sun goes down, then chase the little girl's all around!
picture017mo.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures, but I am done with all the back country skiing I ever want to do. It is so much easier to just take a lift! It is snowing like crazy here now, how is it up in your area?

Re: Rocky....

Hey Rocky,
Getting more here too. Was more moisture in it this morning in the valley. Hitting it again Monday! Rough life but someone has to do it!:D

Weekend in Vail

We just spent the weekend skiing Vail and it was great! All runs were untracked Saturday morning and the powder in the trees and back bowls was awesome, even though it was wetter than the usual Colorado gold. Sunday brought warmth and Sunshine to help illuminate all the stashes. Beautiful!

Earn your turns...

Good to know somebody else out there in RV land is into earning your turns...
Where are these pixs from?
Most of my backcountry skiing has been in Idaho....
Jim Frisbie
RV-9A (300 hrs.)

photodny.jpg

more power to ya! you must be young and crazy. where is this? i just got back from snowbasin and powder mt utah. the snow cat was the best we could do. skied with a couple pilot buddies and survived to walk another day.

img1409vx.jpg

skied thru the enchanted forest. almost as much fun as flying the rv. :)

Reply.....

.......Zerkel wilderness area. Colorado!
Yea, Turbo I'm just a frisky young pup of 61. Still run the younger yet crowd into the ground though.

Back