What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Start of an adventure.....

hillc95

Well I did it! After years of scratching my head, collecting tools and convincing the wife, I sent in my order for the empennage kit today. I have chatted with some of you, met some of you and even flown with some of you but now I can officially say I am part of the 'brotherhood'. I will have many questions in the future and just want to say thank you in advance for the help; the help I have already received is what convinced me I could do this in the first place. Here we go!

Awesome

Can't wait to see your progress.

I take ownership of my kit in May. Are you starting in your garage or a hangar?

Congrats, the hardest part of building an RV is cracking open the wallet, other than that, it?s a cake walk.

Can't wait to see your progress.

I take ownership of my kit in May. Are you starting in your garage or a hangar?

Cool deal! May will be here before you know it. I will be starting in my garage (2 car) at the house. There is a 2-3 year wait list at the airport for a hangar so hopefully it will work out just right.

Cool deal! May will be here before you know it. I will be starting in my garage (2 car) at the house. There is a 2-3 year wait list at the airport for a hangar so hopefully it will work out just right.

Which airport? It is a short-ish jump from Tampa up there. I might want to come check it out sometime. And I am looking for a reason to build hours.

When its all said and done the plane will be at Fernandina Airport(KFHB).....it would be worth the trip as anyone who has flown into FHB will tell you that Amelia Island is a great place to spend the weekend. Right now my home airport is KCRG in metro Jax. I actually grew up in the Tampa area and still have family down there.

When its all said and done the plane will be at Fernandina Airport(KFHB).....it would be worth the trip as anyone who has flown into FHB will tell you that Amelia Island is a great place to spend the weekend. Right now my home airport is KCRG in metro Jax. I actually grew up in the Tampa area and still have family down there.

My wife and I spent the weekend of Sept-30-2007 on Amelia Island for our one year anniversary.....And 9306B is going to be my tail number. :D

Love that place.

Good for you Chris. Any time your back down in the Punta Gorda area, Your always welcome to come by the hanger.

Congrats! I'm all the way through the finish kit and still having fun building, goes quicker than you think it will. Just need to spring for that engine and the rest of my avionics and I'm home free!

Back