What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight VH-MQB

bugsy63

I'm pleased to report that VH-MQB (serial number 91939) now does what it's supposed to do.

Father and child are doing well, as is the test pilot Tony Manning, who did a magnificent job. Thanks to this great forum and its contributors. Without it I would have been lost.

Apart from a few niggles it was a relatively painless experience and flies "hands off" straight and level.

2lurx95.jpg
[/IMG]
ir8601.jpg
256ae6w.jpg
[/IMG]
27zvhhx.jpg
[/IMG]

Congrats Michael your going to love it.

Wow it looks dry down there, perhaps I can send you some of the Sydney rain

Cheers

Congratulations Michael! How long did it take you to build? That tape looks nice on the rudder. :)

Awesome stuff Michael. You must be so stoked. No rest for the wicked though, as I suspect you will be starting soon on the next one...

Cheers,

Tom.

Way to go. Now comes the best part of building ie flying. I have 39 hrs on my 9A. Flys just like I hoped it would. Only thing is my back yard shop in empty.

Congratulations again

Hi Michael. Very well done she looks great. Im still plodding away here almost ready to move to the airport. Been a while since the Solomens. would love to see some cockpits shots. Dean V

Congratulations, Michael. So glad I was able to meet you in the final few months of your marathon build. And well done, Tony, for the test flight. I'm a long way from the circuit area yet - but counting the days/months/years ..:) Tim

Back