What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rear window center back dimple

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
For those of you that haven't dimpled your screws for the rear window. I couldn't get my squeezer into position for the center back screw to dimple it because the rollbar brace is underneath. It does have a round hole directly under the screw, though. I cut some hickory wood and rounded one of them to fit in the hole. Drilled a #12 hole in it to fit my dimple die and then used a c clamp to dimple it. worked like a charm.

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_101821.jpg
    IMG_20210821_101821.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 302
this may sound like a dumb question but why? do the plans call out leaving that hole not dimpled earlier on?

this may sound like a dumb question but why? do the plans call out leaving that hole not dimpled earlier on?

Ryan,
You don't dimple these holes until after the window is fitted. That way you don't have the dimple interfering and scraping the window and you can more accurately drill the window.

Ryan,
You don't dimple these holes until after the window is fitted. That way you don't have the dimple interfering and scraping the window and you can more accurately drill the window.

that makes sense Jeff, thanks! this is a nice solution

Another method would be a pop rivet type dimpler which actually has a #6 screw instead of a nail for the pop rivet puller.

Back