What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Southern Vermont

Vlad

Well Known Member
A VAF member informed me about 22nd Annual Leafpeepers Flyin held at Rutland, VT airport KRUT.

Weather was still several hours away and I decided to go. $5 dollars all you can eat?! You bet I am there :D

Launched early.

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

Airmass undisturbed but moving fast :D In an hour or so I was over VT.

v3.jpg

Peeped on the leafs doing right downwind rwy 19 at Rutland State.

12-8.jpg

v4.jpg

Great airport I imagine how picturesque it looks when sun is out.

v7.jpg

There was the one and only RV on the ramp. From a distance it looked like Turbo but it wasn't him.

11-8.jpg

v5.jpg

A gent came and asked where I came from. NJ? :eek: Oh that's why you are eating so fast you want to get out of here before weather moves in? :D

13-8.jpg

I consumed tasty plate fast. Was on the ground less then one hour.

10-9.jpg

On the way back it was bumpy down low.

8-10.jpg

And it was slow flying up. I beat my own slowest speed record of 24kts. It was a good breeze on the nose about 50 kts.

8ccd83c4965317a8b08826ddec39704a.jpg

9-10.jpg

Two more hours. I passed Hudson River Corridor, picked up my recharged O2 bottle at Cross Keys 17N and reported back to work afternoon. $5 breakfast and $93 spent on gas more then 3 hours flight time logged. Keep pounding those rivets!

Nice Colors!!

Hey Vlad.....always love the beautiful New England landscape....ESPECIALLY when the leaves are changing!!!!:D When I was flying charter I took a number of clients to KRUT for ski trips. Nice little hamlet!!

What?

Thanks for the trip write up and pictures, as always Vlad! I sure enjoy living vicariously thru your Vlad-ventures (as "Skyking" Bob calls them)... at least until I can start my own flying adventures.

But I must say that I was a little disappointed that there wasn't the "signature" FOOD plate picture that I have come to expect from the Vlad-ventures! :eek:

Maybe being on the ground less than an hour means that it wasn't on the plate long enough for a picture :rolleyes: But next time, you got to show us the FOOD Vlad! :D

Slightly Further West

Last weekend over the Hudson Valley.
Photo shoot with Phillip Angert of pilotportraits.com
Not as easy as it looks. Better next time ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.usUploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back