What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A first flight

I am very happy to report the first flight of RV-9A, number 91317 N622BE. Minnesota Wing tech guru, mentor,
and all around good guy, Tom Berge did the honors and reported that it flew Great with no heavy wing and all temps in the green!

IMG_09672.jpg

N622BE is a slow build RV-9A equipped with an AeroSport O360, dual Lightspeed ignition, Dynon D100, D120, dual axis auto pilot,
Garmin SL-40, GTX-327. She will be at KANE during phase 1 and then based at KMIC. This day has been a long time in the making
and it was Great to see her in the air!
Special thanks to Tom Berge for all that you do, Bernie Weiss for allowing me the use of part of your hanger,
Alex Peterson and Pete Howel, two Great hanger mates!

Congrats Mark!!! What a GREAT day for you and Tom! Glad to see the Minnesota Wing continuing to grow. ...now let's get that 40 flown off and plan some trips!

By the way for the rest of the group, this picture doesn't do Mark's plane justice. His workmanship and paint skills are amazing. She is a true beauty!

Last edited:
Great news and Congrats!

Only one problem, you are going to pull the wings off with that BIG engine! ;)

Enjoy!

Congratulations Mark!!!!!

You are going to love that engine/prop/airframe combo----fast, smooth, reliable, easy to fly, and minimal maintenance expense!!!

Enjoy!!

Cheers,

db

Congrats!

I look forward to my first flight with an O-360 and Catto 3 blade prop also. Fly safe, Glenn

Mark - congratulations, great accomplishment! I say we run that "store bought" airplane out of the hangar, and that you stay! Oh, yeah, it's the hangar owner's plane...

Wahoooo

Rv9a's are taken over ... wahooooo.

Enjoy your great new bird. Life is good when you have your own rv. :D

Congrats Mark! Glad to see she is in the air where she belongs! See you out at the hanger.

I'm sure we will see you on a race course some day

I'm sure we will see you on a race course some day. There is going to be one in Waupaca, WI on October 6. I hope there will be an AirVenture Cup race from Mitchell, SD to Oshkosh as well. With the prevailing west winds and your climb capability you may do quite well in the RV Blue class (360s).

Bob Axsom

Way to go

Its good to see the 9/9A hobbs meter climb up another tick. You give us builders yet to fly more motivation to get done.

Back