What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 25th Anniversary this year at OSH

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
The RV-8 turns 25 years old this year, and Van’s and EAA plan to work with members of the community to celebrate the anniversary at AirVenture in Oshkosh! Planning to fly your RV-8 to OSH this year? Sign up at this link to join in the celebration: https://www.eaa.org/airventure/feat...ighlight/featured-aircraft-anniversaries/RV-8

We will announce events and plans here as they solidify. If anyone is interested in helping EAA and Van's coordinate the events and activities, please contact me (email to [email protected]) and let me know! It's community members that make events like this work!

This year will be the first one in many that we have had an RV-8 in our Van’s booth. John Stahr plans to be at our booth his well-known and amazingly painted RV-8.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Last edited:
I better start building faster...

Seriously, I really wish mine would be done in time for this year, but realistically, end of the year is about the best I can hope for. Probably won't make OSH this year either, what with project-completion purchases.

:(

I better start building faster...

Seriously, I really wish mine would be done in time for this year, but realistically, end of the year is about the best I can hope for. Probably won't make OSH this year either, what with project-completion purchases.

:(

My situation is very similar. Hoping my -8 will fly this year, and thought I would skip OSH to further that goal. But my wife said I should go; I'll need the vacation and she knew I'd end up regretting it. When your wife says "go to OSH", you go to OSH and count your many blessings. Glad I'll be there for the festivities!
(As an interesting aside, I'm writing this on the day of our 39th anniversary... another testimony to our wisdom and dedication. Love you, Amy...)

I think this decided which of our airplanes get to go to Oshkosh this year...or at least one of them!

Paul

The RV-8 turns 25 years old this year, and Van?s and EAA plan to work with members of the community to celebrate the anniversary at AirVenture in Oshkosh! Planning to fly your RV-8 to OSH this year? Sign up at this link to join in the celebration: https://www.eaa.org/airventure/feat...ighlight/featured-aircraft-anniversaries/RV-8

Note that when you're filling out the form if you see a reference to "RV-4" just double it and pretend it says "RV-8." That'll get fixed sometime soon.

We will announce events and plans here as they solidify.

This year will be the first one in many that we have had an RV-8 in our Van?s booth. John Stahr plans to be at our booth his well-known and amazingly painted RV-8.

We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Greg is there going to be a designated parking area for the -8's this year? Sure would make my evening gawking strolls a lot easier if they were all in the same spot! :D

Looking forward to coming back

I needed to see this....I have not been able to fly in for several years do to work commitments. It will be nice to say hello to some of you again and meet many new friends. Guess I need to start polishing!

I?m registered too. I guess I better since it?s my RV-8 that is featured on the announcement! :) I look forward to mingling with all of you RV8?ers.

I forgot the cutoff. Does this mean new RV-8's can forgo the EXPERIMENTAL sticker for an NX number?

Happy 25th to the -8

... you had me at "The RV-8 turns", so I'm in.

I figure a daily afternoon 25-ship RV-8 flyover just prior to beer-thirty ought to be a proper tribute.

Greg is there going to be a designated parking area for the -8's this year? Sure would make my evening gawking strolls a lot easier if they were all in the same spot! :D

Yes, absolutely. Details coming soon/eventually!

As of this morning, there are already 60 RV-8 drivers who have registered early! So add your name to the list!

If anyone is interested in taking on the task of helping us (EAA and Van's) coordinate some of the RV-8 events and activities at OSH, please contact me (email to [email protected]) and let me know! It's community members that make events like this work!

Last edited:
Back