What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 Video - in 360 view

sjhurlbut

Well Known Member
Hope you enjoy the latest video. Its intended to show the capability of the 360 camera. While its good at adding cool views to a video it can get a bit overwhelming (the cuban 8 is barely tolerable). I won't post every video like this but the post processing (labour intensive) is a significant amount of work. Enjoy share and subsribe to the channel.

The rudder movement on landing is more than expected hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-qaJMTW6pc&t=306s

Last edited:
Cool video - thanks!

Why is there no shadow of the camera (towards the end, landing, the VS is clearly seen but no camera shadow)?

After spending many hundreds of hours doing ackro
I really dislike gyro stabilized cameras. It at best is a cool gimmick that in no way reflects what you see from the cockpit while doing these maneuvers. I much prefer a rigid mount that depicts the same visual as seen by the pilot.

Me too

Me too! I do prefer the GoPro but the 360 camera is cool on takeoff and landing when you can scan and see the angles. I just thought I?d post it because the post processing is a lot of work. If you noticed the GoPro mounted on the airplane in the 360 you got a sneak peak into next video.

unique

Pretty bored with all the "standard" hey look at me doing a takeoff.... videos on you tube. But ! This one is really cool to see the rudder in action on landing, the takeoff as viewed looking back and the other 360 views. Even watching the tailwheel and shadows as it comes down during rollout. All very very worth watching.
I just want to know how you get back to the hangar so fast on snow. smile....
I appreciate when otherwise boring footage is sped up during post.
All in all, well done sir!

Back