What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

DragonflyAero

Well Known Member
As requested, here are a few pictures.

k0t6o1.jpg

y329f.jpg

RV-7 N321BV made its maiden flight today. The flying characteristics were flawless. The Dynon Skyview system worked perfectly I have a new engine so need to do the run-in over the first few hours and used the autopilot which allowed me to closely monitor all engine readings as I made racetracks on the sky over the airport. The only problem noted was some roughness from the E/I. The mag side ran smooth as silk.

On return I removed the cowling a found a few fittings I needed to snug up before the next flight. I also contacted Electro Air and they provided suggestions on how to correct for the E/I roughness.

Another RV takes to the air!!

This site have been a huge help over the course of my build. Thanks to everyone!!!

Last edited:
Wow Bill, that was a quick slow build! I wish some of your organization and stick-to-it-iveness would rub off on me! I had a good 15 month head start on you and just passed the 1500 hour mark last week.:eek: I have only recently begun to think about ordering the finish kit...

Back