What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New flap handle (Fits over existing toggle)

Aircraft Specialty

Well Known Member
Aircraft Specialty has designed a brand new flap handle that is extremely easy to retrofit, looks great, and above all solves a problem that has plagued other flap handles.

Ours will not rotate when purchased in conjunction with the anti rotation plate.

Take a look at

www.aircraftspecialty.com/rvall1.html for more information.

Please give me feedback on this product as well as anything new that you as a community would like to see. We are here to serve you and have already received some great ideas. So please keep them coming.

Take care and thank you again to all our customers,

Steve and Dawn

Looks really neat-o and I definitely like the looks of it a lot....., but unfortunately the price is prohibitively expensive for what it is and what it does, IMHO. A plain old toggle switch's regular bat handle gets the functional job done just fine.

If these parts were significantly cheaper, I'd like to have a set to dress up my flap switch and panel, but $70 for the whole kit (flat switch add-on handle plus anti-rotate backing plate) sure is a lot of cheddar.

Just what I need

Or should I say what I want.
Although I have gotten used to the round toggle switch, I am ready to make an
improvement to my flap switch.
It's a very professional looking piece of accessory and certainly optional, so I won't complain about the price.
What kind of material is it made of?

Ernst...

It is machined out of 6061 T-6 aluminum. After that it is deburred and sent off to be powdercoated. We include all mounting hardware which is AN grade. (Except for the set screws that secure the handle to the toggle.)

Thanks for the compliment. We have been beta testing this product for about one month before releasing it to make sure that it functions as nice as it looks.

If you have any other questions, I will monitor this thread, or you can send me an email.

Take care,
Steve

Looks really neat-o and I definitely like the looks of it a lot....., but unfortunately the price is prohibitively expensive for what it is and what it does, IMHO. A plain old toggle switch's regular bat handle gets the functional job done just fine.

If these parts were significantly cheaper, I'd like to have a set to dress up my flap switch and panel, but $70 for the whole kit (flat switch add-on handle plus anti-rotate backing plate) sure is a lot of cheddar.

To everyone......you asked and we listened. We realize that some builders may want this product in a less expensive version, albeit with the same high quality.

So, what we are going to do is offer this product in a third version, which is bare aluminum. This option will only be available for the flap handle/anti rotation plate combo. We will offer this version for $54.95. So far, from the beta tests that we have done with customers, everyone seemed to really like the powdercoat and thought that it added a lot of value and durability to the product. However, our mission is to help homebuilders and work with them and we will do whatever it takes to earn your business.

We are able to offer this at a reduced rate as the powdercoating adds a lot of work for us after we get them back. We have to go back through the parts and clean out the holes and threads and then we test fit all the handles together with the anti rotation plate to make sure that the powdercoating was of uniform thickness and doesn't cause any binding in the tight tolerance we have designed this part to.

Also, if anyone wants to be on our mailing list for new products, please send an email to [email protected], or fill out the form here

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/rv3.html

Have a great evening and fly safe

Steve and Dawn

Back