What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video of Tetons at Jackson Hole

RV6airplanePilot

Well Known Member
last month vacation; July 2012. Camera: Drift HD170 on ram suction cup mount. Youtube defaults to lower quality & size, suggest you select 720 and larger screen view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J22VWcNNpNM&list=UUKZLGUij1xPHao8mVXdbIrg&index=1&feature=plcp

We drove to Yellowstone Park one day and the Tetons the next day. Also saw a good view of the Milky Way at night. Loved the area!
The next video on my channel is the EFIS view (GRT HX) on the day we arrived from the south.
Next trip is to the Reno Air Races!

Last edited:
Took the family there last year via airline. Wondered what it'd be like to fly my RV around there. Nice video....thanks.:)

What a pretty place. My wife and I went to college on the other side of the Tetons in Rexburg. The Jenny Lake Lodge is a cool place to stay. They have nice cabins - sort of in the Yellowstone Lodge theme. Great service too. We have spent quite a bit of time there and had lots of fun.

Very nice video of your flight. The airport is nice too. It is fun to hang around all the jets.

Very good

Enjoyed very much. How do you like the GRT autopilot?

Thanks Bill. I am very happy with the GRT A/P. I had set the aileron servo to 141 and seemed good, but over the mountains in mild but active turb (continuous choppy) I found that a setting of around 50 was much better and still worked well in smooth air. Have tried the elevator servo settings between 50 and 141 and am happy with the basic 100. Using the EFIS to control the autopilot has been quick and easy. I had used TruTrak and Trio in the past and they were great too, but I like the integration with the EFIS best.

Back