What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot Tube installation

cb02740

I'm New Here
Hello,

i have a few considerations concerning the pitot tube installation. Either i will install the original Vans pitot tube or that one from Dynon.

-What is the best place to install the dynon pitot tube with AOA indicator?

-I think it is a good solution to install the pitot tube on one of the W-802PP access plates. Are these plates strong enough?
Is it better to install the pitot tube on the access plate for the stall warner? The problem is to lay the two lines through the main spar.

-Photos would be very helpful.

Best wishes
cb

tie down clearence

Hi, you can use the specified place but i got one station far away to have more clearence with the tie down.

Thank you for your answer.
Do you have any photos of your pitot tube installation?

Best wishes
cb

I put mine in the exact location as shown on the plans; and here's how i did it.

24q8krm.jpg

23tibyt.jpg

wwgf0h.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work Derek. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

I notice you didn't prime the threaded rod end bearing on the larger of the aileron pushrods. I was under the impression that it is pure aluminium & needed to be primed. In my -8 manual it mentions this specifically for the elevator pushrod threaded rod end bearing but not the aileron pushrod threaded rod end bearing. I primed mine just in case and only because I stumbled on this part in the fuselage section before riveteing my aileron pushrods. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Back