What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Easter Sadie

petehowell

Well Known Member
A few photos from a rescue Easter morning. The wife and girls are out of town for spring break, but the Ryan has baseball so it was just the two of us this weekend. Ryan slept in, so I got up early to help get a deaf boxer girl named Sadie from Columbia, Mo up to a foster home in Winona, MN. My leg was Cedar Rapids to Winona.

It was a nice sunny morning over the lake on launch.
Sadie%20Rescue%20004.jpg

I stayed low to avoid the howling winds up higher. I applied carb heat and really leaned her out since I had plenty of time. It is amazing to get 150 mph and over 30 mpg on 4.8 gph! Nice cool CHTs and good, even distribution, too. The tent over the xm rx is too keep it cool - I think I lose the WX if it gets too warm in the sun.
Sadie%20Rescue%20010.jpg

I arrived a bit early to an empty ramp, so I ate my lunch and enjoyed the howling winds!
Sadie%20Rescue%20020.jpg

Soon enough, Sadie arrived with Jeff and Pete. Think she will make the connecting flight?
Sadie%20Rescue%20024.jpg

After a potty break (for me and Sadie) and some time for -9A builder Dave Gribble from Cedar Rapids to show his wife the plane and get some photos, we loaded up and launched into the windy sky. Sadie took control of navigation - suggesting that my skills might be a bit rusty.
Sadie%20Rescue%20027.jpg

When I told her I was PIC, and she rolled over and wanted to know when the complimentary snack and beverage service would begin.
Sadie%20Rescue%20029.jpg

Soon enough, KONA was dead ahead and we met Tori, the foster mom. I got a quick photo with my new buddy.
Sadie%20Rescue%20040.jpg

The skies cleared and I enjoyed a great ride home over Lake Pepin and on to Anoka to see my own Boxer pups, Scout and Moxie.
Sadie%20Rescue%20043.jpg

Here is the link to the pics on Picasa

Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Happy Easter Pete! Another cute pup and nice story! Looked like a great day to fly too.

XM sun-tent eh...hmmm, might have to check my sun-to-wx performance scale...and snag that idea!

Cheers,
Bob

Well done once again Pete! We'll have to sit down and plan some "dog mods" for my interior so I can start participating some day!

- Peter

No Way!

Well done once again Pete! We'll have to sit down and plan some "dog mods" for my interior so I can start participating some day!

- Peter

Your plane is way too nice to haul dogs! The comparison is like an leather Audi A8 to a vinyl Toyota Corolla! I don't even get unintended accelleration with my plane :eek:.

Way to go Pete. I transported a White Boxer for Atlanta Boxer Rescue a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately it was by car. Just Think about 30 years ago breeders were killing off these beautiful white boxer pups. I 'm Almost afraid to ask, but what is Sully's status? Our RV-9A Boxer transporter is out of the paint shop and being prep'ed for inspection. Soon hopefully.

Back