What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KBMI - Bloomington/Normal, IL. Looking for advice.

tuner

I'm looking for a good airport stop in the vicinity of Bloomington, IL and was hoping some members here could shed some light.

A friend and I will be flying into the area to pick up a car that is being hauled there on an enclosed trailer. BMI seemed like a great central location for all of us to meet, we could grab a bite to eat at CJ's Restaurant at the airport, grab some fuel if needed, and be on our way.

The FBO reviews I've found online for BMI don't seem very positive regarding small aircraft so I would really appreciate any advice from some local pilots.

Thanks in advance!

Contact A fellow VAFer.

Hey there. I am not based at KBMI, but our EAA chapter 129 is there on the field. It is a nice towered airport. Image Air is the FBO you will want to stop at on the field. Not the rock bottom lowest price on fuel, but about average I'd say. CJ's is a must, excellent food. There is a fellow VAFer that works at Image Air, I will let you contact him directly, his VAF contact is cjensen. He is very active on here. drop him a note, he built an RV7 and is currently flying off the test hours. Great guy, will not steer you wrong.

BTW... if you happen to be there on a Saturday morning, our EAA chapter serves up a mean breakfast biscuit and gravy, pancakes, eggs your way, sausage, OJ, coffee, and lots or airplane talk. Ask the tower for directions.

Best,

Ben

Thank you!

You guys are great! Thank you so much for the tips.

I'm planning to stop at Image Air and just sent a PM to cjensen. Wish we had more time to stay Saturday for the EAA chapter breakfast. We'll have to plan another visit.

Thanks again!

Thanks a million Chad!

I can't thank Chad enough for helping out with our visit! We had an awesome experience on our stop and look forward to dropping in again someday.

Thank you for taking some extra time to show us your beautiful airplane!

Back