What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting that snaps on/clamps on brake bleeder nipple?

digidocs

Well Known Member
Hi VAF,

Does anyone know of a fitting that will snap on/clamp on to the brake bleeder nipple fitting?

I've been using a length of hose but it pops off all the time and makes a mess. Brakes are Matco.

Thanks!

Try a smaller hose. I just pressure bled mine last night with regular 1/8 clear hose. Didn't have any issues.

Any grease gun will have that fitting. I simply unscrewed it from one of my older grease guns, took it apart and cleaned out the grease.
Just looked online. Grainger has the fitting for $2. Many others between that and $5.

Last edited:
1/4" nylon

I used a piece of quarter-inch OD static/pitot tubing. It slipped inside the tubing called out in the DIY garden sprayer bleeder plans (safety wire to secure), and the ID was perfect for a slip fit over the bleeder zerk.

I'll grab some photos this evening if I remember.

The advantage of the grease gun fitting is it is a check valve so you won?t spill any fluids.
However, as little as you need it, cleaning up a few drips of fluid now and again isn?t that big of a deal.
Use whatever works.

Back