What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tyler Voss's RV-8

New Mexico

Trying to make it to Lubbock Tx. on this leg and flew over Cannon AFB... Saying hi to a fellow instructor.

Finally made it to Boerne after a challenging time getting around the clouds.
here is Wayne and Marci (Tyler's Parents) about to get it ready to be Transferred to Lagrange TX (Its final Home)

Wayne, in the past flew pretty often. He will get spun up on this one with a local friend who is an instructor. Marci flew years ago and is interested in getting back behind the stick.

Wayne said it will stay in the family and be flown in his honor.

Nice

Wayne, in the past flew pretty often. He will get spun up on this one with a local friend who is an instructor. Marci flew years ago and is interested in getting back behind the stick.

Wayne said it will stay in the family and be flown in his honor.

That's just awesome! Hopefully we will seem them here on the forum.

As of your Karma FICO score... looking like 900 :)

Thanks

Matt,
Thank you so much for the work you did on Tylers plane. I wish I knew you were going through Boise. You could have stayed with us and I would have been overjoyed to have Tylers plane in my hangar. My son is the company commander and flys the AH-64D's across the tarmac from where you were parked at BOI. He lost a couple of great pilots a few weeks ago.

It warms my heart knowing that Tylers parents plan to keep his plane flying and in the family. Thank you Matt.

Matt,
Thank you so much for the work you did on Tylers plane. I wish I knew you were going through Boise. You could have stayed with us and I would have been overjoyed to have Tylers plane in my hangar. My son is the company commander and flys the AH-64D's across the tarmac from where you were parked at BOI. He lost a couple of great pilots a few weeks ago.

It warms my heart knowing that Tylers parents plan to keep his plane flying and in the family. Thank you Matt.

Man that would have been great!
We did have to wait until some of those twirly winged do-dads flew by without using much runway to take off before we taxied out!

my condolences to his fallen wingmen

Great pictures Matthew. You make your father very proud for what you have done. You have given the family back the closest thing possible to their son, something tangible which they can now be with and interact with.

Your Dad

Matt,

What a great thread. I just got through reading it in its entirety. I first met Tyler back in 2007 when I knew him as C1C Voss at the Academy. My peers from our squadron and I were deeply saddened to hear about his death. I just joined this site as I'm searching for an RV myself - and I keep getting surprised finding where I bump in to Tyler's name continuously in the small aviation community. I actually didn't know he had an RV but I couldn't be happier to hear this story and to see the magnificent work you've done to breathe new life into Tyler's plane in such a manner as to make him extremely proud! I also am glad to hear that the plane will be staying with his family where it belongs.

Not sure if his family is indeed on here yet, but if you're ever up in the Wichita Falls area, be sure to let me know!

Cheers (to Tyler!)
-Dan

Lt.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. I am so relived to know that Tyler's pride and joy is now home. Its been a long, but enjoyable journey and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

The Voss's have a list of things they want to do to it yet so I hope to have given them a good foundation to make it how they want.

Funny you say Sheppard.... My Squadron is the 373TRS! Haha!

Matt

Back