What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intercylinder baffle grommet (ICB)

pazmanyflyer

Well Known Member
I'm looking to wrap up my hoses for my IO-360-M1B and I have the Lyco ICB and the specified MS35489-20X grommet (from parts catalog) and TS Flightline -4 fuel hose installed. As you can see I have a 1/2" hose in a 3/4" grommet hole. I'm sure this will whistle pretty good as well as rob me of cooling air. Gooping it up with RTV is sloppy and lazy and not what I want to see. Anyone have a part number for the grommet that works with the -4 hose such as the one shown?

Thanks in advance.

i0UmOU6FruIFFfCXUJ_cH015DmcIOpV8ACXvjtb0BwzIxr8hsEPYt3pw7xPldLlpsGj0_l7yu1RqNm7VEZIKLquZTKfy3ffeeODP1HWP7mECJFhp9OL-JlCWnoR0ZE7_ovSgdUYEO1MyPTraPm5DgPJdOdOffr4WvvcSjwHpB44krPF1G3nPNAd92XgoIeSACSbmMjbXnTJXF1W2M9FNstn04iyvTvtf2LxiOPurXX0GMIXBOVYGW0Em0jcJi8I2K8khb1klQumZFTb9sy9y3VtKtdDvGuuqwKjKYviex7yrLRwpm9T5mgiwSF6dMKSPsCKJ18MYH6_VAT5bIzjm4yYlwWnP6UP4A31eF3UV0Xor9CkzqGUfQE5EcqExJGl2da4no-qbG8cmLBPcil6QDZjeeI0Nf6V3r3bQMpgZNHDRqW2Y_GAfk5vU0LvjXfpDym-lEEdeabUIMEhWX21bemNwN6Uev-uYR2jTtyU2hQam31zci08qLOeBvi5FCFZ2iQNwoNzevDr-IKkHCGG89GHhhznHKcwsaswwn4kWb_OxTv-c2G7Ad2tnaOMMZqZZYNAtq3qDDv_MsYUdFXUmG0asP6tgZ0Uwe8VI1xEWq6q6_k_XTh_U1lo_eqjRZkUcCAGn8A2yhm6QZPIY0pf-PE2l=w528-h938-no

If for some reason you can't find the proper grommet that you need you might want to unhook your fuel line, drop it down (or pull it up...whichever is easiest) and wrap that area of the hose that'll be in the grommet area with a few wraps of silicone tape...you know, the kind that sticks to itself. Then, once you've "thickened up" that area, just work your fuel line back through the grommet. I think that would give you a nice tight fit that would look very neat and clean. Just a thought.

Mark

If for some reason you can't find the proper grommet that you need you might want to unhook your fuel line, drop it down (or pull it up...whichever is easiest) and wrap that area of the hose that'll be in the grommet area with a few wraps of silicone tape...you know, the kind that sticks to itself. Then, once you've "thickened up" that area, just work your fuel line back through the grommet. I think that would give you a nice tight fit that would look very neat and clean. Just a thought.

Mark

Or an extra piece firesleeve with red RTV. And don't forget to seal the perimeter of that baffle it is a huge source of unproductive leaks.

Original MS35489-20X New one from this list.

Last edited:
Google search for MS35489 silicone grommet. If you know the actual dash number that you want (specifies ID and OD) you add X at the end for silicone.

Google search for MS35489 silicone grommet. If you know the actual dash number that you want (specifies ID and OD) you add X at the end for silicone.

When I have the time to do the serious Google search, sure. Was hoping someone had a number I can quickly reference to.

Carlos, it can be sealed with firesleeve tape, or I can send you and extra piece of firesleeve to take up the space. Most of us use a tight grommet, or the firesleeve tape.

Tom

Carlos, it can be sealed with firesleeve tape, or I can send you and extra piece of firesleeve to take up the space. Most of us use a tight grommet, or the firesleeve tape.

Tom

Appreciate the offer Tom but no need. I'll find the right grommet when I have some time to do the search this weekend.

Grommet

I just slipped a smaller grommet over the hose, pushed it down so it sits on top of the oversized one in the baffle. Seals up nice and took all of 60 seconds to execute. If you want to get real fancy, smear a bit of RTV on the smaller grommet before you push it down on the hose to "glue" it to the lower grommet in the baffle.

Back