What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Belly skin releaf cut location

Sanch627

Getting ready to start drilling the belly skin on my 4. To those who have done this, I know there a distance dimension on the planes , but does the relief cut start right behind the main spar center section or right in front..also does the splice strip stop at the aft center section bulkhead or continue to the front center section bulkhead…what seems to work the best.

Chris RV 4 #4633

I can look at mine..

Been a while since I built mine, but I can dig into my photos and look at the exact location when I go down to my hangar this afternoon. There is really nice kitlog page Gregg Brightwell has online that may enlighten you a bit.He did a really nice job documenting and building quality. I built mine when digital photos and online build logs were not yet available. http://www.mykitlog.com/users/category.php?user=gbrightwell&project=623&category=9724

I took a quick look at mine

I did a quick review of my build photos and my aircraft last eve. All my photos from above have the control tube blocking the view of the splice, but I'm quite sure the splices stop at the frames/flanges. The initiation of the "V" cut starts dead center of the spar carry through area. I put all mine together with Proseal to prevent any moisture or exhaust intrusion .

Belly skin solution

Thanks for the input,it wasn’t that hard to figure out, I tend to go overboard sometimes .

Chris
RV4 #4633

Back