What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun N Fun 2022

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Where on the forum would there be some posts on the 2022 Sun n Fun? I'm looking at booking a room for a few nights, and the ones sponsored on the snf web page are already booking up.

Fly in to Bartow (BOW), or Plant City (PCM) and rent a car. Available at the airport. Get a hotel at Brandon, FL, about 30 minute drive to SNF. Rates are normal and there are many hotels/restaurant/bar choices.

SnF parking??

Thanks for the suggestions about places to stay outside of Lakeland.
I was wondering how bad the parking situation is at SnF? If you stay 30 minutes away (ie outside reasonable Uber range), how much time is wasted getting parking & hiking into the show, as well as getting out? Is the SnF rush hour short?
Possibly more importantly, if one is willing to wait after the airshow is finished, can one hang out on the grounds/field until later and miss all the traffic while enjoying a quiet evening around the aircraft?

I've been told how long the lines are at Oshkosh if driving and parking, but I also know the field is open till late if you want to miss the after airshow rush. Of course Snf Is much smaller with lower attendance, so I was wondering how much hassle there is with drive & park these days.

Thanks

I'm a long-time volunteer at SnF and have a bit of knowledge on this. The following is for car transportation only.

The inbound driving line to parking is normally not all that lengthy time-wise, with the exception of Friday and Saturday morning. Peak inbound traffic time is normally about 8:30 am. Outside of Fri and Sat, you should expect to wait no longer than 15 min to get into the parking lot. IF there have been recent heavy rains, the parking areas will be limited and driving times increase.

The walk from Parking to the front gate is normally 5-8 minutes. Once inside, you're close (within an 8 minute walk) to almost every major attraction.

Car departures can be lengthy, especially after the end of the airshow on Fri, Sat and Sun. The good news is YES, there are plenty of attractions that remain open for you to pass the time after the show is over. While the hangars will be closed (no commercial vendors hawking their cool wares), there are a couple of restaurants and bars open, along with food trucks. And you can always enjoy the major aircraft parking areas offering eye-candy galore.

Thank you

Thanks for the info Sam, much appreciated. It's good to know that for those coming from out of town, there are reasonable options (if you can find a rental car).

Back