What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12iS Measurement

HEB1022

Good afternoon,

I am a newcomer to the AirForce, with an order into VANs for a RV-12iS, S-LSA. It will be a while before I take delivery, but I wanted to do some research on trailering options. I have most of the measurements I need to get started, but a few I am missing. If anyone is an owner of a later model RV-12iS with Stabalizer Tip Fairings, and a tape measure, I would be greatly appreciative of a few measurement if you would be willing.

Outside tip to tip Horizontal Stabilizer (including Fairings)
Left to Right Main Gear outside measurements, including wheel pants.

Thanks in advance!

Harry (future RV-12iS owner)

Synergy Air South

Congrats on your RV-12 purchase!

You may be interested to know that the manager/lead technician (Allen Nelson) at Synergy Air South in Newnan (KCCO) is one of the most experienced RV-12 builders in the Country. He assisted with many of the S-LSA RV-12 builds that Synergy did under contract for Van's Aircraft.

So when it comes time for maintenance or Condition Inspections, be sure to check them out. They are very close by and highly recommended.

https://synergyair.com/

Trailer for sale

Harry…. We have an RV 12 trailer for sale . Used once to transport new RV from Vans. Trailer is Listed in August EAA “Sport Aviation” classified ads, p. 126.
Tim….. ps. The phone number listed is not in use. Price is flexible.

Trailer

Harry
If you want to build a trailer I could give you the measurements off of the factory built RV12 trailer… photos etc.

Harry
If you want to build a trailer I could give you the measurements off of the factory built RV12 trailer… photos etc.

Tim,

That would be greatly you have the critical measurements (Main Gear outside the fairings, Stabilizer with factory installed tips, and length of wing with spar, and nose to tail length). I have access to a car hauler, but I am worried about a few of the measurements. I tried to locate the ad on EAA, but I can't seem to find the site. Do you have a URL?

Thanks in Advance,

Harry

Tim,

Found the ad and just sent you an email, but, photos and measurements on this forum would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Trailer measurements request and $

RV 12 trailer is 26’ interior
$6,000 or best offer
Width 8’4”
Floor Brackets for wings
Elec. brakes & winch
Built in ramps.
Floor brackets for RV tie down.

Photos available by email. I don’t know how to post photos here.

Tim

One of you asked who manufactured the RV-12 trailer I am selling....best offer.

Manufactured by "R&J Baker Trailers" in Junction City, Oregon Type FB/Tandem/30 feet..elec. brakes, elec winch, width 8'4", two axle, weight 4025 lbs., wing brackets, 5 ply tires nitro, etc.....

Back