What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Original Seat Replacement

Skid

Well Known Member
Original Seat Replacement - Flightline Interiors

A couple years ago I noticed my seats were getting uncomfortable, the seat foam had become compressed and stiff from age and use. After nearly 18 years I decided it was time for an upgrade. In early 2021 I ordered new seats from Flightline Interiors. I worked with Abby on material, color, and foam options.

I had worked with them in the past to update the side panels, rear bulkhead panel and baggage cover. The seats and carpet were the remaining items to complete the interior update. The carpet they use is very light, the new front and baggage area carpet weighs ~5# less than the original carpet.

Abby called when they were ready to install my seat heaters, I dropped the original seats and carpet off, (her shop is 12 mi from my hangar), I picked everything up this past Thursday afternoon when they were finished.

Abby is great to deal with and the workmanship is outstanding. The seats turned out awesome, they are very comfortable.

Attachments

• 1B62BBF8-6B7C-486E-9FDA-AF3426012DFD.jpg
    1B62BBF8-6B7C-486E-9FDA-AF3426012DFD.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I did the same with the same positive experience. Abby replaced the seats she made for the builder of my airplane 10 years go. Foam was compressed, but more importantly (to me), I wanted an updated style…side bolsters for better lateral support.The leather of those older seats is in great shape. The seats she made for me (leather) were identical to the OP’s. The are excellent and I can attest the Flightline Interiors quality 10 years ago as well as today. Picture below is the old style seats that came out. I keep meaning to post them for sale.

Attachments

• 9D22F511-A36F-4BCF-9A30-FFFAD2D09818.jpeg
    9D22F511-A36F-4BCF-9A30-FFFAD2D09818.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 123
Back