What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kurt Wooten's RV-9A With Fresh Paint Job

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Kurt (and friend Larry) picked up Kurt's 9A Tuesday at GLO Custom. Gorgeous paint job and blue skies made for some nice photos before BBQ. Hope you enjoy. Great looking plane. Very nice guys! (Kurt is 'krw5927' in the forums).

IMG_1137-XL.jpg

IMG_1138-XL.jpg

IMG_1139-XL.jpg

IMG_1140-XL.jpg

IMG_1141-XL.jpg

IMG_1142-XL.jpg

IMG_1143-XL.jpg

IMG_1144-XL.jpg

IMG_1145-X3.jpg

2,500+ pixel-wide versions of these pics can be found at:
https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Planes/N425KW/

Amazing the quality pic you can get with a regular old smartphone these days....

v/r,dr

Last edited:
Woah, nice! That Orange speaks to me and has been in my future plans for some time.

Kurt, I can't wait to see it live and in person.

Thanks for taking these photos, Doug! It was a pleasure meeting you and the gang today for lunch at Hard 8!

Many thanks to my wonderful and creative wife Heather for the design inspiration, to Jonathan and team at Planeschemer for taking a rough idea and molding it into a beautiful and unique design, and to Mark and the team at GLO for bringing it to life with their gorgeous job on paint!

Last edited:
Ed, we worked with Jonathan McCormick at Planeschemer. He took a few very rough ideas my wife and I had, presented some unique options, and we went from there through a few rounds of refinement. Somewhere along the way suddenly everything clicked and it looked like "our" plane.

Back