What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another formation with my Buddy

RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
It's wonderful being able to be around like minded airplanes...

22627712762_430f76eeff_b.jpg

And like minded RV friends...

22641353025_1a51f60b06_b.jpg

Blue trim

Jerry, curious as to why you used a lighter blue trim than darker blue that the Thunderbirds used? Either way it is well done!

Jerry, curious as to why you used a lighter blue trim than darker blue that the Thunderbirds used? Either way it is well done!

The plane was already panted with the scallops on the nose by the original builder. He was an ald F-86 driver in Korea.

I added all the Thunderbird markings since the plane already had the nose markings. I'm an old Air Force guy myself and like honoring the TBirds.

Widget:
Whose 8A is that? That is MY old plane. Built in 2002. Sold in 05.
Nordo

Hey Nordo. I didnt meet the owner. It was tied on the ramp at KMGC, Michigan City airport just easy of Gary IN.. I got to KOSH about an hour later and there was an 8A panted almost identical just like it tied down in home built parking.

Love this photo a lot... but I have to ask. Does it nag at you even slightly that the red and blue colors don't quite match? LOL!

Love this photo a lot... but I have to ask. Does it nag at you even slightly that the red and blue colors don't quite match? LOL!

Yes it does. I've tried to get the Thunderbirds to use the prettier blue that I used, but they just won't go along.

Back