What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Flight Along the Foothills

colojo

Well Known Member
We've had gorgeous weather here in Denver this weekend, so I fired up my RV-8 this morning for a leisurely 1.5 hour cruise alongside the foothills west of town. Got a few nice pix, but my iPhone is focusing weirdly since the latest iOS update. I'll need to look into that.

Looking northeast, with downtown Denver in the distance.

IMG_4302-XL.jpg

Goofy selfie!

IMG_4303-XL.jpg

Homes along the hills.

IMG_4304-XL.jpg

Red Rocks Ampitheatre. iPhone focusing problem revealed.

IMG_4305-XL.jpg

Coors brewery, the largest single-site brewery in the world.

IMG_4307-XL.jpg

I-70 climbing into the Rockies.

IMG_4306-XL.jpg

New airport bagged: Boulder Municipal (KBDU), with the Flatirons in the background.

IMG_4308-XL.jpg

Climbing out of Boulder. More focusing weirdness.

IMG_4309-XL.jpg

The Flatirons with the National Center for Atmospheric Research in the foreground.

IMG_4314-XL.jpg

Your iPhone is deciding what to focus on.

When you're looking through the screen in camera mode, single tap on the area of the photo you'd prefer to focus on, and the camera will re-adjust.

This feature also works to darken and lighten photos to specific areas.

Can't wait to finish my -8, nice photos!

Hi Joe,

Is that a GoPro in the second picture? Which model? And how do you have it mounted?

thanks!

Not a 206

Nice C206 ;-)

Sorry Mike, but I'm pretty sure that is a C-210. Probably a mid 60's turbocharged version (helpful out in the Rockies) Look close and you can see the doors for the nose gear. The first six years of C-210's had wing struts.

Now back to RV related content......

Nice pics! Sometimes I like to cruise along low and slow, and identify all the golf courses I've played.

I kinda like the effect of the second to last photo...gives it that storybook feel.

Deja vu! Flew exactly the same path into the Denver area a few months ago, to land at Boulder. Is the ramp area still overrun with geese?

Hey...I even got the same fuzzy photo of the Red Rocks Ampitheatre.

Having just left that area yesterday while you were flying is a bit ironic. Spent several days in Denver (flew commercial but was surely thinking my RV needs to fly me on next trip).

Thanks for the pictures. BTW driving by the Coors brewery is not a good smell.

Back