What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Glass RV-10

TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
Today I was given an early Xmas gift by one of my Employees. I talk airplanes often at work and she is so nice to always listen. Her hobby is making all kinds of things out of glass. Everyone needs hobbies and melting glass is a pretty cool hobby to say the least.

She surprised me today with what she thought was not the perfect airplane and was concerned about what I would think. Well it is an amazing feat to make such a thing out of glass and I was very happy with what I saw. You have to hand cut all the parts and then lay them on top of one another before placing them in the oven. You never really know what the final result will be. I know many hours was spent on this and I am very thankful for such a gift. It is melted onto a colored glass and then placed in a frame. I had not idea you could do this with glass.

I took her and her husband in the RV10 this summer, both very nervous flyers on commercial jet aircraft....they can't wait to go back up in the RV10. Much better experience for them.

The Branchair family is happy to hang this on the wall.

2hol1t1.jpg

ejt1ja.jpg

Troy,
I skipped your thread initially thinking of another RV10 glass super panel. Then I saw it on front page and dug deeper. What a great art piece!

Priceless

Bet you treasure that gift long after the Avid... RV9... RV10... Just... Carbon Cub... ???... move on to new owners.
Cheers

Looks good! Tell her that she may have just tapped into a new hobby market selling them to your RV-10 buddies.

Back