What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2013 Mexico Don & John trip

DonMcMullen

Mexico in March 2013
A few pilot friends usually get together early in the new year and fly to Mexico and Central America. We were all set to go when one couple dropped out due to medical problems. Then I went to see the Doc at the last minute for a check up and had to drop out myself due to medical problems. I was so disappointed.
A few months later I started to feel antsy and wanted to make my usual trip to Mexico once again. Medical problem resolved in time to go. Since we had plans for a trip to San Miguel de Allende in April my wife Joan didn't want to go in March as well. So I asked a Long-time friend and pilot, John Fisher, to fly with me and he agreed. Yeaaaa!!!! John had only been to Mexico once on a cruise and had not seen it from the air like we would. He was excited and so was I....more on link

http://rvflyingstories.com/mexico_in_march_2013.htm

Your trip reports are always inspiring and make me miss Mexico and Central America. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Guy

Thanks for a great report. The Wife and I travel to Mexico roughly every year and I keep threatening to fly down...and if you keep writing stories like this, I may actually do it. I'd love to hear from anyone who has used Cozumel as their point of entry. I've heard Cancun is not a good POE and I will be coming from the East Coast of the US.

Thanks for a great report. The Wife and I travel to Mexico roughly every year and I keep threatening to fly down...and if you keep writing stories like this, I may actually do it. I'd love to hear from anyone who has used Cozumel as their point of entry. I've heard Cancun is not a good POE and I will be coming from the East Coast of the US.

Hello Don
I cleared into Cozumel a few years ago from El Salvador. It seemed rather spred out and they didn't give me much help finding all the other places to clear. Like Imigration, customs, flight planning & the DGAC. Finally A lady in the DGAC office took pity on me took me by the hand and lead me to all of the places. it took about 2.5 hours. Things may be better now?
Don

Thanks for the trip update. I've spent many nights in Guymas and San Carlos in my youth and can't wait to retire and make some of these trips in my RV. Now back to the treadmill....

Thanks for the great trip report.

I'm looking to make the trip to KeyWest>Cozumel>Guatemala City>Liberia Costa Rica>David Panama.

I hope to hook up with others at SNF in a few to discuss it.

Nice!!

I really enjoyed your write-up and pictures, Don. My wife and I spent a week down in Cabo early in Feb. and we can't wait to go back. When my RV is finished, trips to Mexico are definitely on our bucket list! :)

Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Back