What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest - Welcomes Emerald Ridge HS

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Welcome_ERHS.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Ernie, as long as you are making announcements, why not tell 'em we are having a forum at Oshkosh? It is Thursday, 1:00 to 2:15 in the Homebuilders Hangar, just east of most of the forums. At last count, there were only five seats left!

Bob

Ernie,

This is outstanding! I'm glad to see your dream and hard work is paying off!

Phil

AirVenture Forum Invitation

BREAKING NEWS....

New time and location has been set for a COMBINED Forum featuring TeenFlight and Eagle's Nest... Tuesday in the Honda Pavilion (#7)... Stay tuned for details...

Last edited:
Wow very cool, I hadn't heard about this and it's right in my back yard. And EAA Chapter. Seems like every meeting we've had lately, I've had to miss for some reason or another.

Not to get technical but it should be Puyallup, WA even though it's harder to say. Edgewood is quite a bit North of Emerald Ridge High School.;)

What is "STEM" based education?

Ernie or Bob, what is "STEM" ?

Great question, Glen, and Bob provided the simple answer to the acronym; Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics. STEM based education is an innovative teaching method that's nationally recognized and a Google search of STEM based education or STEM based learning will reveal a wealth of historical information, white papers, and nation-wide success stories that will touch your heart.

In particular, I would like to direct attention to Project Lead the Way (PLTW), an organization that provides middle and high schools with engaging, hands-on STEM courses that prepare students to be innovative and productive leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Eagle's Nest -1 and -3 are currently being completed in PLTW Certified high schools, and while Eagle's Nest projects are well suited to any public or private school, Eagle's Nest fully supports and adheres to PLTW curriculum guidelines.

Hope this information has been helpful... and please take time to fully explore Project Lead the Way's website. Pretty cool stuff!

Last edited:
Hey, Ernie, as long as you are making announcements, why not tell 'em we are having a forum at Oshkosh? It is Thursday, 1:00 to 2:15 in the Homebuilders Hangar, just east of most of the forums. At last count, there were only five seats left!

Bob

Bob, I've been trying to reach you to get the Eagle's Nest folks on my EAA Radio show at OSHKOSH, but your mail is bouncing back to me. Can you contact me, please at [email protected]?

Thanks

Bc

Please save me a chair for this forum. Otherwise I will spend half my time at the sheet metal forum.

We are calling our RV-12 Project our Young Eagles/BuildAPlane program. We are including students from high schools in Manatee and Sarasota FL Counties.

Please save me a chair for this forum. Otherwise I will spend half my time at the sheet metal forum.
We are calling our RV-12 Project our Young Eagles/BuildAPlane program. We are including students from high schools in Manatee and Sarasota FL Counties.

Martin,

I believe Bob Kelly mentioned in an earlier post that there were only five seats remaining, and I believe they were all taken the following day! :) Thankfully, arrangements have been made to combine the Eagle's Nest and TeenFlight Forums originally scheduled for Thursday into a single joint Forum on Tuesday morning - 8:30 to 9:45 in the Honda Pavilion. Van's appearance at Theater in the Woods begins the same day at 10am, so the time slots are excellent for those wishing to attend both events... and the Honda Pavilion has plenty of seating! Van is on the agenda to address the Eagle's Nest-TeenFlight Forum which will make it a very special event for everyone! We'll post an official event notice later this week.

Congratulations on your project... Exciting news and I'm sure many are looking forward to hearing more about it. See ya there!

Last edited:
Back