What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N964JB First Flight

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey ? big day today. N964JB got air under her tires for the first time.... almost 4 years to the date my tail kit arrived (6/4/2008). The only issue was an oil temperature sensor that was a bit flakey.

Thanks to Dale Meyers for all his building help and for flying chase in his RV-9A... we got some great air to air shots. Thanks also to Steve Flattum (test pilot) for a completely uneventful first flight and Roger Doran for taking some great pictures

This afternoon I pulled the cowl to inspect the firewall forward area after the first flight, and everything looked great. If the weather cooperates tomorrow, we are planning on flying again tomorrow evening.

I think I will sleep well tonight!

Jason

N964JB in the hanger getting ready for 1st flight
vspcow.jpg

We have lift-off!
zyh9n4.jpg

1268qs5.jpg

14b2vec.jpg

Me with test pilot (Steve Flattum) after a very sucessful 1st flight
123o1n9.jpg

Congtrats

Congratulations Jason. Glad everything went so well. Call me if you have any G3X questions.

Weather was nice this evening and we were able to get another 1.2 hours flown off... according to the test pilot the plane is flying beautifully with only a couple of very minor squawks.

Now I really want to get that transition training so I can fly her myself!

Back