What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a pic of your FINISHED RV-7/7A!!!

N364SJ

25a670n.jpg

2ykddtx.jpg

etxpc3.jpg

Flies hands off... 2300RPM @ 3000ft...160KTS! TAS/GPS verified.
I wonder what wheel pants & intersection fairings at 9000Ft will do?
:cool:

Last edited:
Bravo Frederic

Bravo Frederic, tr?s beau boulot.
Hope to see your plane at the next VCF fly-in somewhere in France.

N433BC

It's been airworthy for 6 months..but I'm behind posting a pic for this thread...

2s9bo8k.jpg
[/IMG]

vnj7yd.jpg
[/IMG]

I’ve always wanted to make a post here (hope it's OK); my RV-7 has been airworthy for about three weeks.
It’s hard to believe it has taken me years to build.
A bit too much time spent pouring over build-logs, catalogs, and forums ;)
I enjoyed exploring all the details and systems – I met a lot of interesting folks too.
...Now I hope somehow it can make it to AirVenture this year :)
Next time I won’t build my RV in a simulator…sheesh
Danny

these aren’t my paints –mine’s unpainted
bovans04yr.jpg

img5482.jpg

uscg03.jpg

rv7_baytower.jpg

Last edited:
In case anybody missed it, the pictures in the previous posts are digital renderings, not actual photos! That is some serious talent to make those - really nice work!

Meet Stella!

After two years of flying her, Stella finally got to the paint shop (T&P Aero Refinishers in Salinas, Ca) and I flew her home a week and a half ago. 3 very good friends, Harry Crosby (Rv6), Steve Richard (Lancair ES), and Ray McCrea (Long EZ), gave me rides back and fourth and helped put her back together. Ray set up his still camera to take a shot every 10 seconds I think and then put together this time lapse covering the couple of days to put it together. In the final shots the rear fairing isn't in place as we didn't fly it back that day and there was still some buffing to do, but I was desperate to see her outside!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4Zz99sNGU

Can't wait to get back from tour and fly her. I think I'll be able to make Golden West this year so it should be fun to take her out and stretch her wings.

All best

Jeremy Constant

RV-7 S/N 72920 VH-JWC
Little River, Melbourne, Australia.
Standard kit - 3 1/2 year build / 2000hrs approx
Long Range Outboard Leading edge tanks (300L total fuel capacity).
AeroSportPower IO-360-M1 180HP Inverted Fuel/Oil
Hartzell Constant Speed Blended Airfoil
Dual GRT HX EFIS and EIS. Garmin 430W. Avmap EKP-IV. Trutrak DII VSGV. SL-40. GTX-327. PSE 9000EX. Approach Fast Stack integration.
Hooker Harness. Classic Aero Interior.
PPG Deltron Paint system (Audi colours: Solar Orange, Daytona Grey, Aluminium Silver).

Currently in Phase 1 with 15 faultless hours on the Hobbs...

Never thought I would fall in love with an aircraft...?!

vhjwc1.jpg

vhjwc2.jpg

marty8.png

marty9.png

dsc0110l.jpg

dsc0099m.jpg

How the leg room with the center console?

not too bad

How the leg room with the center console?

I have flown in Jons aircraft and its no different to one without the centre console when your sitting it.

Its slightly ( only slightly ) tighter when getting out and other than that it has nothing to do with leg space.

Its probably a problem if you have a healthy waist line however.

If you like your hamburgers I would do some experimenting with the centre console before doing it.

Finally got a new suit of clothes ... :)

First flew last January but had no clothes :( 100 hours flying time later and two months at Glo-Custom (Grady's place) and she has a new outfit! Charger Red over Gray and Black Pearl Checkers. Airbrush work by Shark.

Still have to put the interior in, but this is the way we will be in Oshkosh.

1 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9 Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope to see all in Oshkosh. Will be with the Mid South RVator group in the camping area.

Bill S
7a Got the Grin....Big :)
KORK Arkansas
Mid South RVators

Last edited:
N722DW paint finished - I think it's finally done!

After 4 years and 7 months and a little over 2500 hours, my new RV-7 is officially complete. I just got it back from the paint shop at Wipaire in South St. Paul, MN and it looks great!! Wip does a great job and although they paint mostly Cessna Caravans, Beavers, Otters, and lots of floats, they have done about a dozen RVs. Dave Utsch is the shop manager and he will take the time to come up with a quality look. Paint design is by Scheme Designers who are GREAT to work with. Hope to be at OSH this Wednesday. The only thing left now is to fly it!!

img5647g.jpg

In front of my hangar at Lake Elmo, MN. Finish is a combination of Imron, Dupont Standox, and AcryGlo for the clear coat.

img5643s.jpg

This is Brandon who did most of the actual labor on the airplane. Total time in the shop was 5 weeks.

img4515q.jpg

Interior is by Classic Aero with their new Sportsman side panels. Avionics by SteinAir. AFS 4500s, Garmin 430 and SL 40 with Garmin audio panel and transponder. TT autopilot with VNAV. XM weather.

img5666d.jpg

First trip with my favorite first officer. Stopping for fuel in North Platte, NE on the way to Colorado Springs.

Wow

Drop dead gorgeous Doug....am awestruck by the interior. I see it's hard to get away from having some "red" on the tail.

Beautiful, Doug. I second your observations about Dave Utsch and his team at the Wipaire paint shop.

PR-ZJV

Hi Friends!
I'm proud to share with you some pics of the newest Brazilian RV7... and it's Mine!!!!
Now i just waiting for the paper work from Brazil's National Civil Aviation Agency to fly this baby to his home!
488279_389039567832767_947453247_n.jpg

548344_389039114499479_462840235_n.jpg

Sharp!

Congratulations Antonio!
Sharp looking 7 and you have good reasons to be proud.
Check your PM.

Out of the paintshop

Just out of the paintshop, need to find time for the return ferry flight.

large_Assembly_087_1_0c080.jpg

large_Assembly_083_1_be8d6.jpg

large_Assembly_077_1_82be5.jpg

The picture don't really show the deep dark green (think of a english Jaguar color).

Last edited:
Don't look now but your paint shop used zip-a-tone on your tail feathers... :p Nice job, looks very nice.

Zip-a-tone

Patrick,
I don't know what zip-a-tone is and have some problems really understanding the Google answers.
Anyway, the pattern was computer created, then templates were cut for each color layer.

Inverted trim

Thank you, when i was in cruise actitude and trying to hands free triming y feel some presure foward stick and when I try to trim the pressure go hard its easy to detect but with all de nervius of the first flight i dont detect it and my chase plane tell me, and then all was funny:)

Paint scheme

The design was taken from the QUEPD Jim le roy Pitts Special, the big letters are not deffinitive only for phase 1

All was ok, the pitch trim was invered, SCARY minutes til found it!! check these before first flight!

Looks like a great airplane!

So all you had to do was connect your laptop to the VP-X and flip the motor polarity. Yes? Easy to get the direction confused!

Exact just conect the pc with the ethernet cable conect and invert polarity, you have make an excellent job, I Would like to thanks all the peolple that helps and make the effort of understand my bad english special thanks to:

Vince Frazier from flyboys accesories, muchas gracias!
Stein, Christer for the excellent work
Swearengen Tom from ts flightlines
DR for the forum managment, great job
Dan for the fiberglass excellence
Mike for the all days a week good coments

All of you that make these comunity the best

Y a mis amigos Fernando Abasolo por meterme en esto
Roberto Buonocore por tus fotos y gran entusiasmo, eres el Che-RV!

Welcome

Is that about 2:30 on the clip you first experienced it? Great color combination on paint scheme, my favorite.

Vlad remember that america finish in the Antarctica, in South America we are waiting your flights here!!

Regards from Chile, as you say friend do more than some roubles!:):):):)

Congratulations, Hernan...on a beautiful airplane.
It was great to see Fernando's airplane there as well.

Congratulations,

I'm going to have to come down to Chile to visit all you guys :)

Fernando! Why is it every time there are beautiful women in the photographs from South America---there you are!! Congratulations to Hernan and his spectacular ship. Seems to me the general quality of Chilean built RV's is truly superb.

Looking forward to seeing you up here next year with your RV-8...bring Hernan along, should be a great trip!

Regards,

Lee...

D-EEET is airborne

Hi fellow aviators,
our baby just went airborne on its maiden flight. :D:D:D Hope you'll like it.
ixqxso.jpg
[/IMG]
2q1uq8x.jpg
[/IMG]
Paintscheme is by schemedesigners, panel from aerosport products, Engine (AE) IO 375 M1S from aerosportpower, seats et.c. from classic aero.

Can someone tell us how the RV-7 sim-download from Baytower works? When I activate the payment, the app crashes.
Happy new year! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the dash. Which model is it?

Hi fellow aviators,
our baby just went airborne on its maiden flight. :D:D:D Hope you'll like it.
ixqxso.jpg
[/IMG]
2q1uq8x.jpg
[/IMG]
Paintscheme is by schemedesigners, panel from aerosport products, Engine (AE) IO 375 M1S from aerosportpower, seats et.c. from classic aero.

Can someone tell us how the RV-7 sim-download from Baytower works? When I activate the payment, the app crashes.
Happy new year! :cool:

Back