What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st Flight!!!

pilot28906

Well Known Member

September 1st was the first flight for N9974P. A few adjustments to be made but a good flight. I have a ton of people to thank for making this possible:

The Good Lord for the opportunity.
My Wife, Kim, for her encouragement and support for 13.5 years.
My late Father, Jake, who helped drive thousands of rivets and loved every minute of it.
My two daughters, Brittin & Emma, who grew up with a plane in the garage and helped when needed.
Van's Aircraft for a great kit.
Justin Griffin for hundreds of hours working on firewall forward, avionics, and a fantastic paint job.
Andy Lynn for all the help with paint prep (sanding fiberglass).
Jerry Stadmiller and Lisa Turner for their encouragement, inspections, and lending bolts, nuts, oil, battery, paint booth, etc.
Jimmy Davenport for lending me his Champ to build TW time.
Jack Hunt for some great RV-7 instruction.
And of course VAF and all it's members which always has the answers!

Congrats! Welcome to the Flying 7 Club (sounds like cool name for a ranch -- with a nice grass strip)

Click on the 'paperclicp' icon on the top line of the reply box that will take you to another page, click 'Choose file' top l/h corner that pops up a box in which it asks where you want to get the photo from (usually stored on your computer) then click 'upload', jobs done:)

Last edited:
Back